5'2" and need to lose 20 pounds

2»

Replies

• miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    I am 5'2" as well! Currently at 155.8lbs And need to lose another 34 lbs (or maybe just 20 lbs I will have to reassess then)! Feel free to add me :)
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Im 5'3 looking to lose about 30-35 more lbs
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    5"3 trying, well not trying, GOING TO lose 20 pounds.
  • paulinegrant01
    paulinegrant01 Posts: 22 Member
    your profile pic does not look like you have 20lbs to lose! Yo look great! I am 5"0 and would like to lose 10 more. I will add you
  • jellab
    jellab Posts: 35
    your profile pic does not look like you have 20lbs to lose! Yo look great! I am 5"0 and would like to lose 10 more. I will add you

Thanks! I just accepted your request. I did a body fat test and it was not pretty....30% :-/ I was told I should lose 20 pounds of fat and gain 2 pounds of muscle. Which would be me at about 117/118 which I think is probably a good weight for me. Unfortunately, it's not as fun taking the weight off as it was putting it on. LOL!
  • feel free to add me, I'm 5'3" and need to lose 33lbs
  • freesoul
    freesoul Posts: 24 Member
    Please add me...I need friends. I am 5'1 and need to lose 15 lbs and get fit
  • mshioshv
    mshioshv Posts: 3 Member
    Hey guys, I am 143 and want to loose 22 pounds to be 121 again. My target date is October 1, 2013. I am 5.2. I really need girls that have similar goals to encourage each other and motivate to reach this goal. Today is my first day and I am getting started with my plan. Anyone who has similar goals, please add me as your friend please :)
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    I'm a tad over 5'2.....and have already lost 30 and am looking to lose about 20 more. Had a goal in mind and then life got in the way... but I am still working on it!
    Us "shorties" have to stick togeher huh!

Feel free to add!
  • mshioshv
    mshioshv Posts: 3 Member
    Does anybody attend Zumba classes?
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    I'm 5'10 and need to lose 60. Lets do this oh yeaa. lol
  • gpollis
    gpollis Posts: 38 Member
    yes I take Zumba classes on weds and M,T,W ,Th, F, and S I do Cardio Latin is Latin dance with modern music
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Pretty much: 5', trying to lose what's on the ticker below...
  • I'm 5'3 and need to lose 10 more pounds!
  • I'm 5'3" and have 23 more pounds until I reach my goal of 125. I am a mother of 5, and can't wait to get back to the size I used to be. I am looking for more friends to go along with me on this roller coaster ride. I will add you as a friend, and anyone else, if you want some encouragement and motivation, just add me. :smile:
  • I find that with petite women/girls its always the same thing. The pregnant look. When we gain weight whether 5,10,or 30 pounds it makes us look like we are pregnant seriously.
    I am almost 5'1 and the heaviest I have ever been is 131 which is a lot for me. I was so miserable. Throughout high school I was 100 lbs, then when I hit 20 I started to gain weight (drinking,partying, eating bad.) I felt so bad about myself. I had a huge belly. I find this happens with everyone I meet thats little/short. The arms and legs gain weight, too but not as noticeable as the stomach area.
    I just come to the realization that 10 pounds looks like 20 on a petite woman. There is not a lot of room for extra weight to go! I find this throws off trainers and normal people just trying to help, they often think you weight more than you really do.
    Also a 5'8 women can gain ten pounds and you can barely tell. Us on the other hand no, you can tell after 3 pounds. They can gain a lot of weight before looking pudgy/fatter. Whenever I get bloated on my period and I look 5 months pregnant!
    It seems that trainer wants you to lose a lot of weight, have you asked him if he ever works with petite women he might just be going off his personal tastes. I find that many trainers don't take in consideration the fact that is very easy for petite women to get toooo skinny. If you lose all that weight you would be like Eva Longeria's size-very thin looking. Kim Kardashian is 5'2 and we all know her body type, very curvy- she would probably be considered overweight at the place you went too!!!!
    I don't know how you feel about you body and how you want to look. But being 5'2 doesn't mean you have to weight 100 pounds like a lot of the trainers/professional want you to weight. I think as long as "we" lose the big belly fat-which goes hand and hand with heart disease you will be fine- I think its a bull**** the way people want you to be super skinny if your short. I think trainers often have unrealistic goals for people.
    You know your body type and whenever you are happy with your body stop. Don't be a measly 100 pounds because everyone thinks that is "attractive" on a "short" girl. There different body types on a petite woman like on tall women. Just think of Kim Kardashian she is the same height as you!!!! Everyones body is different, just make yourself look good and healthy for you!!!!!!
    What helped me was:
    1. Food dairy
    2. Not eating late
    3. Eating when only hungry
    4.No Alcohol
    5. Smaller plates.

I only lost one pound a month it took me pretty much two years to take off the weight slowly. I kept positive and didn't let people tell me what I should weight. I had bad days where I felt huggggeeee but keep it up!!!!

#easyasshegoes
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    4'10" and my body fat % is still too high for my low weight. Still pushing.

Currently doing T25 workout and deciding on the next one.
    Nancy
  • I am taller than you (5'7") but I also have a smaller amount of weight to lose. I began wanting to lose 20 pounds, I have lost 11 so far :) I will add you! We could share some tips, I could use the help I have almost gotten stuck at this 11 pound loss
  • BeautyBeast2013
    BeautyBeast2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Hi welcome you may add me anyone can that is looking for friends