Success with Jillian Michaels???

Options

Replies

• alwarren1924
    Options
    Yes when I went to Jamaica like 4 years ago I started 30DS and I lost inches 2 weeks before I went...I was only doing level 3 once a day I can imagine doing all 3 levels everyday would def help boost weight loss and losing inches within a week. I am now starting the 30DS with all 3 levels then finish with 6W6P. I want to see how many calories I burn doing all.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start 30DS (I love free videos on YouTube LOL!!) - some of the results pictures I'm seeing are amazing!
  • rhiannon737
    rhiannon737 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i did all of the level 1 workouts for the 30ds but them kind of didnt get round to doing the rest of it :P planning on doing the entire thing, starting within a month and i really want to get the kickboxing one to add something new to my workouts. I LOVE JILLIAN
  • Mamafood
    Mamafood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm only 2/3 of the way through 30DS. I also walk daily and ride my horse several days a week.

I do credit 30DS with the majority of my change though.
    66ef2bae-4640-481a-8f2e-997407ebf835_zps20bb8811.jpg2322E36B-08F8-41AF-8849-8545837E7289-532-0000005DB1245EF9_zpsaa38e7dc.jpg
  • 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Kateauch, do you remember how far apart your pictures were taken (date wise) ?
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    These pictures are about 5/6 weeks apart I think? I've taken a lot of rest days during my 30DS journey, lol.
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS in March, didn't lose a pound, but lost a lot of inches and gained muscle. I started Body Revolution April 1st, and am 7 days from finishing! I've lost 13 pounds so far, and more inches. I'm down 3 clothing sizes, and I am in really great shape both in cardio and strength. My upper body is ripped! I love her workouts, and after a break (Insanity in July!), I will return to a hybrid with many of my JM favorites in rotation. I love Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I used it for additional cardio during my body rev program. It's a killer workout!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Day 1 was Jan 1, Day 171 was a few days ago. Went from 181.5lbs, 42%BF, Size 12 US pants to 160lbs 19.7%, Size 6 US pants.

Thanks to Jillian's 30DS, it jump started my love for fitness. I have moved on to other programs that are not JM's but I will never forget what 30DS has done for me! Hands down IMO 30DS is the best of her programs - RI30 is OK but I did not find it challenging enough.

19593344_9224.jpg

Day 8: f3e5844d-c634-4fab-801b-b580ec2e4660_zps02b2b13a.jpg

Day 171: 19593344_1442.jpg
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - 17 - 30 (took about 6 weeks)
    F25E2B8D-50DA-4E5E-9E83-43FC1719DCE9-5330-000002D6C9D2A96C.jpg
  • rshcraig
    rshcraig Posts: 53
    Options
    All you ladies should get paid for advertising. Heading straight to Amazon :) I am a bridesmaid in a wedding at the end of September and I would love to see some serious results by then. I'm already starting to get compliments and people noticing so I'm totally motivated to pump up the effort. Great job all you who showed your befores and afters :)
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    I've been doing it almost every day or every other day for two-three months now. I started on Ripped in Thirty. I now have all of 'em, or I just look one up on Youtube if I'm bored. I think her new one, Hard Body, as well as Killer Buns and Thighs complete any regimen. Then, knock out No More Trouble Zones right before an important event for added oomph.

I know I'm a lot stronger. I can see results in my shoulders and calves. My tummy looks a little leaner, but then sometimes I eat poorly and that ends that. I want to keep it up so then I can finally look leaner in my thighs, which tend to hold more weight. I can't wait. They are going to kill someone once it gets to that point. But it's slow.

I'm just now showing results and it's been this long. My proudest moment was on vacation in Florida. My boyfriend's aunt who, lemme tell you, has raised two young kids who have completed triathalons, complemented me. She asked if I did something different--if I worked out. She said she could tell. This is high praise coming from her. She does yoga and everything else. I can't wait to see what happens after years of this.

I guess my after picture could be my current profile pic. I would not be confident in this garb 'before'.
  • rshcraig
    rshcraig Posts: 53
    Options
    I did want to ask as well, do these videos need extras? Like weights or something? I've never worked out to a DVD but Ive seen a friend do P90x and he has all sorts of stuff he uses with the dvd. What do I need to get?
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Usually in her videos, you use two sets of weights. Some started with a set of threes, then switched to a set of fives if something was less challenging. You have two sets, so that you can move up or down depending on where you are with each exercise. For example, I will use eight pounds when doing a weighted burpee, but can barely stand using fives or threes when it comes to plank-rows. You can increase the weight of your main two sets as you progress. Honestly, I believe that's all you really need. You don't even need to buy the hand weights. You can get soup cans or jugs of water to substitute. You will be using your own body weight to train yourself the majority of the time--plus jumping around. My best friend is water.
  • Yooperm35
    Options
    I used #5 weights and a HRM to calculate calorie burn
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I had wonderful results with Jillian's Body Revolution! I have a post if you're interested it is RESULTS WITH JILLIAN MICHAELS BODY REVOLUTION W/PICS.

picisto-20130625074309-581174.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I used #5 weights and a HRM to calculate calorie burn

Yep, weights are really all you need (and if you have hard flooring, a mat - connect-a-mats do great). I got a HRM in March cause there was so much discrepancy between MFP's calorie burn for "Circuit training general (which was way over)" and Curves Circuit Training (which was ironically dead on with HRM's readings)
  • Yooperm35
    Options
    I moved on to extreme Shed and Shred after doing 30DS and moved up to 8# weights :) made a world of difference and then the #5's seemed so light.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I moved on to extreme Shed and Shred after doing 30DS and moved up to 8# weights :) made a world of difference and then the #5's seemed so light.

I did kind of the same thing with Body Revolution. After I was done with the entire program, I went back and did a workout from Phase 1 that I had originally thought was hard and had to laugh at myself at how easy it seemed to me then. It's amazing how fast you build strength and endurance :)
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    has anyone completed the 30 day slimdown? Im on day 2 so done 2 days of 30 ds. Its a rotation with no more trouble zones and banish fat boost metabolism. Im adding 3 kettlebell workouts a week 30mins a time in too for added strength and hopefully give me an inch loss boost.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!