is insanity workout for me

Options
sooooo ive tried the insanity workout about twice. never made it thru the first week. however i was a bit heaver the first two times i tried it and wasnt used to running or working out at all. Im just now making it to the point where i can jog a solid mile. I want to try it again but there are a lot of upper body things i just cant do simply because im not strong enough. i have been working on my legs a lot and they are significantly stronger. should i give insanity a try one more time or just throw in the towel?

Replies

• bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    maybe try 30 day shred first, it's a bit easier than Insanity and will still help you get your fitness up and strength up, get through that and maybe then consider Insanity, plus it's free on You tube :-)
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Won't know until you try again. Do modifications until you can do the harder version. I would never throw in the towel because you *think* it may be too hard. You may surprise yourself. Try just a couple days a week to start.

Edited for typo
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Insanity has a decent amount of upper body stuff (things like push-ups, etc). So it will be hard for you. That being said, your upper body won't get stronger if you don't work at it, ya know? I would say give it another shot. Do everything you can. Take extra breaks if you need it, but you won't see changes if you don't stick with it, ya know?
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Think positive! I have just completed week 3 of Insanity and theres things I still find tough. I also struggle with upper body but you have to try to improve! If you don't try then you will never get better. It's mind over matter! Give it another go, take breaks and work through it a bit of a time!
  • Pisces_03
    Pisces_03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for trying it even once. Try it again and go at YOUR own pace...the race is yours to win.

Hang in there I'm trying it tonight in prep for the Insanity Group challege that starts July 1st.

Roxie