Snicker's Bar:
    Calories 250 Sodium 120 mg
    Total Fat 12 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 5 g Total Carbs 33 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 27 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 4 g
    Cholesterol 5 mg

Taste-wise, sure, I'd rather the Snickers, but it's not going to help me much with my protein goals. :frown:
    Nice job of bringing it to the facts. I'm not a fan of such bars, but they clearly have a better profile than a snickers bar in several ways. One thing I don't understand are the fat numbers on Snickers. A total of 12 grams of fat. Five saturated. and zero of any other kind of fat? where are those other 7 grams?

They're not specified on the label, so MFP lists it as zero.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I also think people miss the point.

Nowhere does it say that these are healthier than candy bars, should be an alternative to candy bars or any such thing. They boast the protein content, but it's not advertised as a health food.

Now I want a Snickers...
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I really like the natures valley bars. Oh well to each their own.

I like NV and Quest bars for a quick protein snack.
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    GNC Quest Bars have only 2G of sugar. I'll try a few when my box of Pure Protein Bars is gone.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I look for the best cal/protein ratio but usually have to sacrifice taste.

Pure protein 180 cals for 20g protein. I eat these when I dont want a shake, need more protein and dont have a lot of cals left.

My favorite is the Premier Protein bars they sell at Costco. 280 cals for 30g protein and actually taste good.

There may be better ones but I can gets these for about a buck a piece. Some of the bars out there are just ridiculously expensive.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    GNC Quest Bars have only 2G of sugar. I'll try a few when my box of Pure Protein Bars is gone.

They could have 150 grams of protein per bar and I still wouldn't eat them. They taste like poison mixed with cement and glue.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    This might already be posted somewhere, however, I have heard that eating a Snickers is essentially the same as any post workout protein bar in terms of nutrition information. And frankly, I'd rather eat a Snickers than a weird looking and tasting protein bar.
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I prefer Zone Perfect. I don't even eat candy bars anymore, honestly. I've tried the Nature Valley protein bars and the Snickers Marathon bars and didn't find either appetizing, and neither contain the same amount of protein as Zone Perfect.

Same here. I have them as a snack to up my protein and I've had success so bring on the chocolate peanut butter!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    They are candy bars, but they do have more protein, so you can fit your macros better.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I like the fiber one and the quest bars, depending on what macro I need and how hungry I am. But the fiber in either helps a lot. I could happily exist on Quest chocolate chip cookie dough bars forever, they're delicious.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I was looking forward to eating this after my workout this morning and then I realized really, is it much different than say a Snickers bar?

dvhug3.jpg

Well, it has less Calories and more Fiber. It may or may not have less Sugar.
    I wouldn't compaire it to a Snickers Bar..... more like a Granola Bar.

The question is.... do you have room for it in your goal?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Revolution bars are almost as good as Snickers. Almost!