Hello from Washington - State that is!

Options
Hey there ~ My name is Tasha.

I'm the mother of two sweet boys - 6 & 3. I just turned 30 in May and decided it is time to get the shape! My husband and I have been going to the gym 5 days a week for 4 weeks now, he works out with a friend of his and I mainly attend classes - such as body conditioning, Zumba and R.I.P.P.E.D.

I did this over 4 years ago when I was 25 (about to turn 26) and shed pounds like crazy!! I lost 28 pounds in 5 weeks! Then I got pregnant with my youngest son :tongue: I am finding now that I've been watching my calorie intake, eating very healthy foods and exercising like crazy and have only lost 5 pounds. (really?) It has to be because I'm 30 now.

I would love to have a support network on here as I don't have one "offline" (other than my husband who is the most important member of my support network).

Replies

• mrsangell14
    Options
    Yea for Washington state!
    I just joined too, and I am living in Spokane Wa.
    I have been struggling with my weight for the last 10 years and hoped this will help.
    I am looking for a support network too :)
    Your boys look so cute!
  • Tasha_Fat2Fit
    Options
    Thank you ~ I'm in Spokane too. I have found that the YMCA is the best place to go - the classes really help me to stay in the grove of going everyday :)
  • mrsangell14
    Options
    I haven't tried the YMCA yet but I really want to start swimming and I hear they have a great pool.
  • mrsangell14
    Options
    Any other Washington state peeps out there?
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm in WA (Seattle area).....have a lot to lose, but no kids to blame it on, unfortunately.......lol.

I do a lot of swimming and water aerobics - - I highly recommend that. It's fun......you can even kinda pretend you are on vacation when you are in the water! (or i do, anyway!)

good luck!
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm down south of you in the Tri-Cities!

I would love to blame my weight on my three kids, but the baby is now 10, and I have gone just up and up and up since his birth!

We don't have a decent Y here, but I love love love our Gold's Gym!
  • dazydawn
    dazydawn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Seattle area too! Feel free to friend me if you'd like.
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm in Everett and love running outdoors and hiking on the weekends, I only do cardio inside if I'm forced too. Feel free to add me as a friends :)
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I grew up in the Yakima area, but I've been away for about ten years, now. :/
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Also in WA State... Federal Way here.

Feel free to send a friend request if you like!
  • NikAtNight82
    NikAtNight82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Everett, WA here!!! I would love to add more local peeps to my team!!
  • FitMomHeatherDawn
    Options
    I am new to Washington and live in Federal Way :) Feel free to send a request :)