Lifting, it does a body good

Options

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress, and in a relatively short period of time too. You're doing great! :drinker:
  • jennij1984
    jennij1984 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I plan on starting a lifting program in the next week or so and I appreciate the motivation!
  • 808haoleboy
    808haoleboy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    And...she didn't get bulky.

Keep sharing your results! One person after another and the stupid rumor that women get "bulky" by lifting heavy will hopefully DIE.

GREAT RESULTS!
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I am starting a weight training program once I finish JMBR in 2 weeks! I love seeing results like these.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    WOW. This is amazing and SO encouraging to see! I've just started getting into lifting more heavily and it's encouraging to see such awesome results like this :) Thank you for posting!!!
  • AshleyFBerry
    AshleyFBerry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome transformation. I'm currently at about 127, and looking to lower my body fat % and increase muscle. This is good motivation.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I think I've made some good progress over these last four months

Mmmmmm hmmmmm!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Yup, good stuff right there!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    good job
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, love your strength gains and seeing a healthy amount of calories consumed.

How did you measure your bf% though? I've seen quite a few body fat % readings, estimations, etc., and you definitely looked less than 30% in your before pictures, and less than 20% now.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    you look great!!
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great Job. I too would rather lift than jog (but eat in a deficit).
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I started lifting too! I want my body to be more like your March pic though! Nice job!! Wow :)
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Your progress never ceases to amaze and inspire me!! You are so awesome! I am glad to have you as a friend here and look forward to seeing you continue to develop your physique and your passion for lifting. Keep winning at life and at lifting, girl!! :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. Well done!
    That is all!
  • CBell223
    CBell223 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Quick question:
    When someone says that they lift a certain weight....is that a one rep weight or the weight they use to do, say 8 reps of 3 sets?
    Btw,,,,great job.
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing!

Can I ask a couple of questions ...

How many days a week do you lift?
    Do you eat TDEE on lifting days and around 20% deficit on non-lifting days?

Right now I lift 5 days a week. I don't eat at TDEE yet after a few more weeks and little more fat loss, I'll start the process of finding maintenance. I don't fully trust the TDEE calculators. They put me anywhere between 1900 and 2200 depending on which one I use. Right now I'm going more by the results I see and weight loss. I'll walk my calories up slowly until I stop losing then bulk.
  • fitandgeeky
    Options
    Awesome work, love your strength gains and seeing a healthy amount of calories consumed.

How did you measure your bf% though? I've seen quite a few body fat % readings, estimations, etc., and you definitely looked less than 30% in your before pictures, and less than 20% now.
    Thank you!

I started with the completely unreliable online calculator at fat2fitradio. The military version seems to be closest to my actual bf %. I recently had my dad's trainer test me with calipers. He put me between 19-20%. I was holding a lot of water at the time so he wants to retest me in a few weeks.
  • fitandgeeky
    Options
    Quick question:
    When someone says that they lift a certain weight....is that a one rep weight or the weight they use to do, say 8 reps of 3 sets?
    Btw,,,,great job.

My only tested 1 rep max is my deadlift. All my other lifts are a 3 rep max. For me it's about maintaining form. My working weight is anywhere from 10-20 pounds lighter depending on which day I'm on in the program I'm following. Heavy lifting days are 5 rep sets. Hypertrophy days are 8-12 reps.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!