What's your junk food downfall??

Options
I really try to eat well for the most part. As a personal trainer, and a former overweight person I feel like I'm under special scrutiny every time I eat something that's not so great for you... or even darn right junk. That being said, I have certain foods that I just can't seem to resist, call them trigger foods, or whatever you like. To me, they are my downfall.

The reason they're my downfall is because I can't seem to eat these in moderation.... even when I'm trying to! So my list:
Oreos
French Fries
Nacho Cheesier Doritos
Ice Cream

With these foods it's like all communication from my stomach to my mouth to my brain is turned off and it's a free for all, I eat until either the food is gone, I feel sick (doesn't take too many anymore, especially Doritos thank goodness), or I somehow manage to rip myself away from them.

Luckily I do the grocery shopping now, so i just don't buy them, if they're not there I can't eat them right?

Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Am I really alone on this???
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I doubt that you're alone with this problem, people just haven't gotten around to answering your post yet. Anyway, my daughter has what I like to call an "impulse control problem" with "treat" type foods too. What I have found that helps is this: I purchase plastic baggies and portion daily rations from the goodies I purchase. (This saves money too rather than buying pre portioned snacks which cost nearly a small fortune.) She knows to only have one bag per day. Fruits and vegetables are fine for her to grab whenever, but she must ask to take a bag of "goodies" first.
    I suppose I do kind of the same thing for myself when counting calories. For example, if I'm going to have tortilla chips with lunch (like today) I'll count them out and then take them to eat instead of eating out of the bag. Sounds like a lot of trouble, but I got used to doing things this way so no big deal.
  • MsGoblin
    MsGoblin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Chex Mix, preferably homemade, is my personal crack cocaine...
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Ice cream...so I just don't buy it. :)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    From the beginning I worked on the mental side of this journey knowing that I had to change my relationship with food before I could ever come to a point of losing weight and keeping it off. I may be in the minority so to speak but I have no foods that fall into in specific category other than I have no foods that are considered off limits today... I think (for me anyway) knowing I can have whatever I want as long as it fits within my caloric intake and I have for the most part hit my macro's then I don't have cravings or triggers anymore... I am in control of the food and not the other way around... Was this an easy process, by no means but with hard work I truly believe anyone can do it... Best of Luck.....
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    McDonald's, for sure. I love that place. It's actually not that damaging to me calorie wise- my meals are usually about 500 calories there. But from a nutritional standpoint, not so great. I also have a weakness for baked Cheetos, jimmy johns, salt and vinegar chips, hot tamales, twizzlers, and brownies.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    From the beginning I worked on the mental side of this journey knowing that I had to change my relationship with food before I could ever come to a point of losing weight and keeping it off. I may be in the minority so to speak but I have no foods that fall into in specific category other than I have no foods that are considered off limits today... I think (for me anyway) knowing I can have whatever I want as long as it fits within my caloric intake and I have for the most part hit my macro's then I don't have cravings or triggers anymore... I am in control of the food and not the other way around... Was this an easy process, by no means but with hard work I truly believe anyone can do it... Best of Luck.....
    This so much! And congratulations on your awesome weight loss.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    This:
    IMG_2456_10.JPG
  • ixiHemlock
    ixiHemlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Pasta of all kinds. I can eat like 4 cups of it in one sitting. It's a major binge food for me.

Also ice cream, potato chips with french onion dip, and Chipotle burritos.
  • daberle3
    daberle3 Posts: 6
    Options
    Golden oreos, mountain dew, ice cream.
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    Pasta, Gummy Bears, Salt & Pepper Pistachios and (did I say) PASTA!
  • clo92boom
    clo92boom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Biscuits of any kind, though fox's viennese or chocolate digestives are my true favourites, if a pack is brought into the house I can assure you it won't be there for long! Fortunately moving away from home and doing my own shopping means I can just not buy them (though even then I sometimes can't resist).
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    nothing i eat it all
    whatever i want a nd exercise it off
  • alwaysgreen17
    alwaysgreen17 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    COOKIES. The big, huge ones like at Noodles & Co or Jason's Deli. They are like 300-400 calories. It is absolutely insane.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, candy, cakes, cookies. I am a year into maintenance and sugar is STILL my vice!
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Chips, like whoa. Tortilla chips, Doritos, potato chips, doesn't matter. I could eat a whole bag in one sitting if left to my own devices.
  • sillieone1
    sillieone1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine is tortilla chips & sour cream, french fries and all types of cookies. I try my best to just have them in moderation :happy:
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't buy ice cream, cookies, chips, crackers, candy, etc. for the simple fact that if I do I eat too much. I have come to find that what works for me is that if I want a particular junk food I have to go out and buy a single serving of it. Often times what happens is I think about the process of having to go out for it and I then reconsider and just settle for something I have at home. The "sweets" I keep at home are: Kashi cereals, trail mix with a little bit of chocolate in it or dried fruit, and regular fruit. This helps me to avoid foods that ultimately just make me crave more and knock me off my high beam. My high beam being a metaphor for when I am eating clean and healthfully.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Cheetos's, and salty type corn chip and potato chips with dip. I use to have issues with ice cream but having my gall bladder removed seemed to fix that problem because now ice cream hates me.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    ive had this thing for peanut butter, ive ate it by the spoon full. today ive had a bad diet day so ate the rest of my peanut butter and wont get any more