Jean size

Options
on average how many pounds do you have to lose inorder to go down a jean size? Ive been losing steadily but still cant fit into any smaller sizes...just wondering how much longer until I can get rid of my fat jeans haha

Replies

• allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    on average how many pounds do you have to lose inorder to go down a jean size? Ive been losing steadily but still cant fit into any smaller sizes...just wondering how much longer until I can get rid of my fat jeans haha
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    everyone is different when it comes down to jean size- but i would think inches have more to do with it then pounds considering that inches is how they decided what size is what
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    it took me 15-18 lbs... but some people it only takes 8 - 10.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    It took me 20 pounds to go down one size. :grumble:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    For me it was around 10 pounds. I'm down two pants sizes so far after losing 24 pounds. About another 5 or 6 pounds and I should be able to easily fit into a size 12. Right now I can get the size 12 on but they're pretty tight. Good luck to you. Just keep working on it and you'll get there. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    So far for me I've lost 22 lbs but my jeans haven't gotten THAT big on me...I can get in to some 14's and the 16's are falling off...but some 14's are too tight....(just because they zipper up does NOT mean you should wear them!)
    And I even got in to a 12 the other day LOL
    It really depends on the type of jeans I think, and where you've lost the inches/weight...=o)
  • jrmckee
    jrmckee Posts: 15
    Options
    It took me about 15 lbs before I could fit into smaller jeans.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I lost 27 pounds total, and went from a size 10/12 to 4/6
    Everyone is different but I think roughly 10-15 pounds seems reasonable...

Good luck, Kim
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    It depends on how much fat you have.

I think I worked something out before and roughly 6 - 8% weight loss equals 1 size
  • FletcherChic
    FletcherChic Posts: 158
    Options
    10 pounds was the magic number for me....i started at 12/14, then went down to 8/10, then down to 4/6 when i lost 30 pounds.....sadly now that i have started to workout more, my legs have gotten bigger and those 4/6's are too tight....:sad:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds and haven't gone down a size yet. :grumble:
    But I think it's because I made myself "fit" into the old ones already!! :laugh:
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I was a 14, lost 20 lbs, I now wear a 10
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 24, have lost 45 pounds and now am only in a 20. Some 18's will fit, but it's a squeeze. I have a lot to lose, so I guess it takes more loss to get into a smaller size. I'm thinking another 10 pounds and I should be in an 18. I tend to lose more in the upper body first so my big fat butt is slower to go away.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My mother always said 15 lbs per size and it seems to be that way to me :smile:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Many people are different and just because you lose 15-20 lbs doesnt mean its from the area you want or that it will necessarily show. Body tissue expands and contracts, esp when its fat:ohwell: .
    So while you may not have dropped a pant size or two, you are still doing a good job:flowerforyou:
    The longer fat remains in your body the harder it becomes to get rid of, so keep working on it and we'll keep routing you on! When your body is down fluctuating, it will be that much easier to lose pant sizes and if you aren't already feeling good about your progress, you will feel better when you start trimming down incredibly.
    Good luck :smile:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It depends on the type of clothes and body type. After 40 lbs I have gone from a tight 14 to a 10/12 in pants and a 8/10 in shorts and skirts. I have very muscular thighs so pants tend to be a size bigger...
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I would totally think it depends on every one's own body. I am loosing inches quickly but the scale hates me. So who knows!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it took me about 15 pounds to go down my first size. but I am now down from a size 18 to a size 12-14 and I have lost 26lbs. inches matter more than pounds. it also depends on the shape of your body. Pear shapes won't get as small in their lower halves as hourglass shapes will.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 pounds but only went down 2 pants sizes; HOWEVER, I have gone down 3 shirt sizes and 2 bra sizes :tongue:
  • SkinnyMama
    SkinnyMama Posts: 146
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. I've lost 16lbs. which I feel pretty good about but no size change. I mean the size I wear is more loose than it was before but the next size down is still a sqeeze to button. So maybe 20lbs is the key. I think it has to do with how you loose weigth. The butt and theighs seem to be more work and ultimately if you can't get the jeans past them it doesn't matter if the waist will fit right. So we shall see...Good Luck!