• tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

olsen4.jpg

Take a minute to be thankful that you can even be asking this question, and be grateful for your amazing, capable, strong body.

Those women work so hard carrying food, water, and babies. The men...meh, but the women at least in a small area of Nigeria where I lived worked from sun up to sun down. So much respect.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Love! Thank you!
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Y.o.u. W.I.N ... :drinker:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've always loved fit women, going all the way back to Rachel McLish days. The first Ms. Olympia!

RachelMcLish2.jpg

I love this picture with her awesome early 80s hair.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I love this so frakking hard!!
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous textiles.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Speaking of gorgeous textiles...

4564541335_eb5d18383b.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    In for teh bulky womens.
  • andreaz81
    andreaz81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    AMEN!! <3
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm a climber, and I have a friend that purposefully doesn't climb on harder stuff because she is afraid she's going to get "bulky". She purposefully dampers her climbing ability because of what the boys will think of her.

I say she's missing out on improving in a very fun sport, all because of stupid social stigma that isn't even true. sheesh. I'm so sick of females not living up to the best of their abilities because of what some insecure boys will think!
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    P.S. Love this post! A toast to all the strong ladies, and men that love strong ladies out there!! :drinker:
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: This post!
  • AngelsFan91106
    AngelsFan91106 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Take a minute to be thankful that you can even be asking this question, and be grateful for your amazing, capable, strong body.

I just did. This is awesome. Thank you!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this thread and at one time I was a cart pusher at Wal-Mart. I had people A: Cheer me on. Or B: Tell me my reproductive system will be hindered.

Yes a person once told me. "You pushing these heavy carts will injury you. You may not be able to have children."

To him I responded: "When I get to that point in my life I will worry about it than."

Just goes to show that it isn't the case. Thank you for the post because frankly, gender doesn't really mean you can't be strong.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this thread and at one time I was a cart pusher at Wal-Mart. I had people A: Cheer me on. Or B: Tell me my reproductive system will be hindered.

Yes a person once told me. "You pushing these heavy carts will injury you. You may not be able to have children."

To him I responded: "When I get to that point in my life I will worry about it than."

Just goes to show that it isn't the case. Thank you for the post because frankly, gender doesn't really mean you can't be strong.

How would that...I don't even
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options

How would that...I don't even
    Beats me. I'm just saying that because its the truth to the matter about woman and strength. Drives me nuts that people think woman have to be weak.

While men are meant to be strong. u.u.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I remember as a 14y/o walking past the tv my step-father was watching and asking him "Why are those guys wearing bikini's?!" He said "They are not men, they are women." I said. "That's gross!"

I think this is the mindset people (women!) have about weight lifting. I had a friend years later who'd been lifting since she was a teen-ager, the only time she looked "bulky" was when she flexed or posed...just as those "guys wearing bikinis" did. (amazing the mind of a 14 year old, yes?) She looked fabulous.

:~)
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Speaking of gorgeous textiles...

4564541335_eb5d18383b.jpg
    And babywearing to boot! Fantastic.