Anyone running a 10K?

Options
Anyone running a 10k in august/september? I am doing the Chicago 10k in August and would love to have a group on here for motivational purposes!

It's my first ever 10K! I actually haven't run much at all in the past year since I injured my knee last summer. But I've been running short runs the past few weeks and doing fine. And did 3.5 miles today and my knee is A-OKAY!

so whose with me?

Replies

• TiredMom12
    TiredMom12 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I haven't signed up for it yet, but hoping to do the 10k in Atlantic City in October. I started running last Sept. using the couch to 5k app. I've done 2 5k races and hope to do at least one more over the summer while training for a 10k. Now using the bridge to 10k app and running 4 miles without too much trouble. I just need to learn to pace myself so I can run the whole thing. My last 5k I started off way too fast and had a hard time after the first mile. I had to stop and walk a few seconds 3x and that annoyed the heck out of me b/c I can easily run 3.1 miles. I did the race in 28.58 and that is why I struggled to finish.
  • Ericav05
    Ericav05 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing one in Chicago next weekend! The Proud to Run race!
  • denfrank
    denfrank Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Chicago 10K with my cousin from Calif, the Espirt de She July 18 with my wife and daughter, and the Proud to Run this Sat. too, so good luck to 'ya's!