• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    haha, I was just going to write "And they were so good!"
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Awesome.

(I've only read OP. On what page does someone show up and stomp all over this generally awesome post for various personal reasons?)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Great post OP.

According to this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/995191-for-those-maintaining-weight?page=2 That is only slightly above maintenance for many and under for some others.

DEFINITELY no need to beat yourself up about that.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Awesome.

(I've only read OP. On what page does someone show up and stomp all over this generally awesome post for various personal reasons?)

Page 4.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Awesome.

Page 4.

Three full pages prior? That's actually pretty good. I'll start on page one and work my way to it so I can appreciate the back story for it.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Spoken like a true TWENTY TWO year old.

Try that *kitten* in 5 years and let me know how it works out.

Ninja PLEASE
    Sorry to ruin your fantasy but I maintain at about 3000 calories and I'm 43 years old.
    From your profile ' I was always "thin." Then in my 30's I slowed down and gained weight."

you are making no sense.

41 and could have written the SAME EXACT POST...and have had 2 kids...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    My only problem with treat/cheat/binge days is the extra 2-3 weeks it takes for me to ditch the weight gain.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great post. I have I think found an estimate for my tdee, that might be close. Somewhere between 2629 and 3112. I was thinking how I must have eaten heaps to gain weight, but in reality it crept on and I ate not enough on somedays, over ate because I was hungry, and didn't move enough. One days eating won't ruin you people.

I still can't believe my tdee. I have eaten 2700 this week and will see what my loss is this week...

It can surprise you, for sure. Mine is about 3000.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Ninja PLEASE
    Sorry to ruin your fantasy but I maintain at about 3000 calories and I'm 43 years old.
    From your profile ' I was always "thin." Then in my 30's I slowed down and gained weight."
    Yeah, and your point is?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Ninja PLEASE

Hey, pick me apart next please.

I'm 41 desk jockey w/ a NEAT of 2600-2800 depending on my bodyweight at the time. Currently slow-bulking on 3000+.

And regardless, why does the concept of not letting one day of being over derail the overall plan offend you so much? Would you rather she have the more typical response of giving up because of one day?

(Also, I found that when I started moving again like I did in my 20s, I started having the metabolism of my 20s again too. Hmmm, weird how it works that way.)
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making this thread. I had a...less than ideal weekend. Haven't been beating myself up about it, but an extra dose of perspective is definitely appreciated.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Definitely a great post, very helpful in reminding me (and others) that one day won't kill you :)
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Ninja PLEASE

You don't even have to TRY to stay thin at 22. Its easy, its called awesome metabolism.

Go to any ice cream place and look who is ordering the 2000 calorie monster shakes, its model-thin teenage girls.

Talking a lot of *kitten* for a kid with great metabolism.

When I was in my early 20s, I'd eat a candy bar and sugar soda at every break at work, I'd eat the 2-3000 calorie meals when dining out, drink sugared alcohol drinks with impunity and still stayed at 10% bodyfat. That all changes fast. You get into those bad habits and "once in a while" turns into a permanent fat gain every time.

And age has absolutely nothing to do with this - obviously your 38 y/o self still has some growing up to do, hence the reason age is nothing but a number!
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Paleo pepperoni casserole?! Recipe please!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Paleo pepperoni casserole?! Recipe please!

I've actually been meaning to post that here on MFP because it's my new favorite recipe. Will do soon. I legitimately would rather eat it than pizza. I know, blasphemy.

Anyway, I modified a tad but I got the recipe from here: http://www.tessadomesticdiva.com/2012/11/paleo-pepperoni-pizza-casserole-2.html
  • trishyorke
    trishyorke Posts: 20
    Options
    Lol! OMG!! The same thing just happened with me! I had 3 events to attend and I'm not going to document cause its not worth the headache nor the beating up of self!! Tomorrow is a new day!

Question here...IF you did track what you ate,wouldn't it be cool to see that over the week you were still under your goal! I am loving the ability to track my weekly goals :)
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for such a great post!! Very true :)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Amen. I work my @$$ off, burn a ton and enjoy my treats. Most days are still at least a small deficit, others not so much. But, dagnabit, life is too short for me to fret about an occasional un-healthy meal or treat! KCCO :drinker:
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This was really sweet of you to post, and was just what some of us needed. Thanks :)
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    freaking love t his!!!
    bump gurlie!