Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Always closed.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If I'm in relationship with somebody, especially if we're living together, it's not so important, as I've seen pretty much everything else.

But I do prefer the door shut for the longer visits.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Closed and generally locked. I mean, my toddler is just outside it banging so I know where she is. That is my time.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Closed and generally locked. I mean, my toddler is just outside it banging so I know where she is. That is my time.

Ditto...but for me it's two toddler boys banging on the door and hollering, "Mommy, are you pooping in there?"
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Ditto...but for me it's two toddler boys banging on the door and hollering, "Mommy, are you pooping in there?"

:laugh:
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    I typically leave the bathroom door open for #1 if it is just my bf and I. If we have company open or there is a bomb drop.. I leave it shut but not latched (Unless I have company over and I have a bomb emergency then it is latched)otherwise my little cat Smokey freaks out because he cant see me or have access to me.He will yowl the door til I let him in. Much easier to just leave it ajar.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

LOL!
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I used to have a best friend who would sit in the bathroom and eat popcorn while I was showering. But she only did that if she wasn't already in the shower with me.

As for anything else going on in the bathroom, door closed. Even for my best friend.

ETA: I guess I'm never REALLY alone in the bathroom. One (or both) of my cats always seem to slip in there with me. I just learned to accept it.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If I'm upset with my room mate I'll leave it open and stink the place up intentionally.

If we're on good terms I'll leave it closed.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    #1 whatever unless company is over.
    #2 close the door
    #3 door closed and try to keep your voice down
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Home alone or everyone is asleep, it's partway open no. Otherwise closed and locked.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Dressing, cleaning up or shower - I don't care. The other two - closed
  • WickedKittenLove
    WickedKittenLove Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Closed. I have problems peeing when my fiancee's brushing her teeth. If it's number 2? GO AWAY. I hate even being talked to while doing that.
    I don't want to watch my fiancee poop for sure. Awkward.
    Anyone else? CLOSE THE DOOR. If I want to see you naked, I'd ask.
    Speaking from almost walking in on my grandparents doing the bathroom.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty skewed perspective on bathroom etiquette since i am a colon hydrotherapist. I really don't care if the door is open or closed, if you make farty noises or gasface.. I would rather smell poo than smell freakin fabreeze or whatever. So yeah, poo don't bother me none.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Close it and lock it.
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer bathroom door open or closed while you're doing your business?

What about when others are in there doing their business?

Free Pass to stay-at-home moms who have toddlers to watch or in the middle of potty training, I'm talking more about adults here.

you are talking to adults. too bad you couldn't find an adult topic.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Closed.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    What ever.
    I've got little kids so yeah, it's usually always open at home. If partner walks in then meh, ya know or vice versa. It does annoy me that my partner sits on the toilet in the en suite with the door open & just looks out. I mean, come on! hahahaha

I've gone to the toilet with friends with me before but usually after a few drinks :drinker:

This is such a random topic!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer bathroom door open or closed while you're doing your business?

What about when others are in there doing their business?

Free Pass to stay-at-home moms who have toddlers to watch or in the middle of potty training, I'm talking more about adults here.

you are talking to adults. too bad you couldn't find an adult topic.

haha. if its too childish for you, you didn't have to comment.

EVERYONE FEEL THE SCORN!

FORE SHAME!