Bathrooms...open door policy?

Options

Replies

• Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer bathroom door open or closed while you're doing your business?

What about when others are in there doing their business?

Free Pass to stay-at-home moms who have toddlers to watch or in the middle of potty training, I'm talking more about adults here.

you are talking to adults. too bad you couldn't find an adult topic.

kd3j2g.jpg
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    if my husband isn't home open (because I want to watch TV) when he is home usually close... and if it is open ad he walks into the room I close it!
  • pjones239sld
    pjones239sld Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Closed.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    you are talking to adults. too bad you couldn't find an adult topic.

Yeah, I was gonna start a topic about people who walk around life with a broomstick up their bum and who suck the life out of a room but I thought this would be more fun.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ew. No matter how close people are, some things should remain a mystery.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Here's a funny. While I'm all about closed doors, the live-in BF of eight years goes further for #2. He will not use the bathroom on the same floor I'm on. If I'm in the living room or kitchen, he goes upstairs. If I'm in the bedroom, he goes down. And always locks the door. But he'll leave it wide open to pee.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    23 years together and now it's just us and the dogs and cats. Door open for #1, door closed for #2. Neither of us have any desire to share that with each other. I am almost never alone in the bathroom though. Generally I have a dog or two and occasionally a cat in there with me. I guess they don't want me to be lonely.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Our toilet isn't in the bathroom, but in a separate tiny, tiny room. The door opens inwards, so it needs to be closed otherwise you can't even sit down on the toilet, haha.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    To pee? open, unless my rommate's boyfriend is over. longer visits? Closed.

When I'm at home with my parents? Open; growning up we weren't allowed to close and lock doors. My parent: "I had you. I changed your diapers. You've pissed, puked, pooed on me. You have nothing I haven't seen before. Why are you closing the door?" So I don't care if the door is opened or closed. My mom will have entire conversation with me while she's using the bathroom. You know that sceen from the movie "Friday" where the dad calls the son into the bathroom to talk while he's pooping? Yep, that was my house growning up.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I close the door always. My husband on the other hand always has it open, even when we have company.
  • rml_16
    Options

When I'm at home with my parents? Open; growning up we weren't allowed to close and lock doors. My parent: "I had you. I changed your diapers. You've pissed, puked, pooed on me. You have nothing I haven't seen before. Why are you closing the door?" So I don't care if the door is opened or closed. My mom will have entire conversation with me while she's using the bathroom. You know that sceen from the movie "Friday" where the dad calls the son into the bathroom to talk while he's pooping? Yep, that was my house growning up.
    You weren't allowed any privacy? That's really wrong.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

My best friend growing up wasnt allowed to have a door on her bedroom until she was in her teens.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Shared house, door CLOSED is a must!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Pretty much. My parents said "you can have privacy when you have your own place." They were a bit more lenient the older we we're but for the most part closed doors with a lot of children (there's 10 of us combined) meant that somebody was doing something they had no business doing! Open doors meant it was easier to spot check everyone without interrupting what they were doing.
  • gypy
    gypy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Door closed without a doubt..
    Aint nobody got time fo that!!
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Open, I have full blown conversations with my Husband when I am using the loo, same goes for with my 2 year old son, he thinks it is fun to run away with the toilet roll.. My Husband always closes the door though.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Closed. Because of civilization.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Watch or read Choke all is explained.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Oh my! :embarassed: Closed please, and don't forget the air freshener! :laugh:

I actually have to hide the air freshener when we have events at work. Since we are a two person office, when we host classes or orientation we let people use our private restroom as there are only two in the building. People will come to our private one, right behind my desk to crap. Never fails. And then 5 people in a row will use too much air freshener and it will make me sick!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Husband : closed doors for both of us (unless emergency).
    Kids: he locks the door but If I do that they just bang away so they tend to come in and more annoyingly the toddler will open the door and then walk off.