I beat Diabetes!!

Options

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Cogratulations. You must be so proud of yourself that your hard work has made such a difference to your overall health
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    GRATS!!!
  • Francoisee
    Options
    Nissaea, that is a MAJOR accomplishment and I know how proud you are. You need to reward yourself in a fabulous non-food way!!! I've been following Jorge Cruise's The 100 and after the first 2 weeks my blood sugar dropped over 30 points. I can't wait to see what my next A1C reads.
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!! Thats amazing news. I have recently switched to a Low Carb diet and feel so much better!!

Good job!
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    That is outstanding news! I love to hear people beating the diseases that are caused by diet...with diet instead of taking medications. It's a way to permanently change things in your body so that you don't have to worry about it ever again! Very very proud of you!

Studies indicate diabetes is not caused by diet, rather the other way around with a high component of genetic feature.

It's hereditary. If you've ever had gestational diabetes, if you have a family member with diabetes, if you carry most of your weight around your middle, if you find yourself falling asleep after meals, you have an increased chance of developing T2D.

Just because one is overweight and diabetic does not mean that diabetes caused the excess weight.
    In fact, the excess weight is likely a result of the diabetes. T2 Diabetes is often a symptom of other metabolic dysfunction, like PCOS, Syndrome X, Thyroid dysfunction etc.

There are lots of thin diabetics. :ohwell:

This ---- My ex is a marathon runner but running for 35yrs, or I should say did his first marathon the day before our son was born. He developed type II diabetes about 5 years ago. Runner thin ... I work with a women who is thin and is considered boarder line diabetic (all type II). I am also diabetic, diagnosed in 2001, also keep it under control by working out. My Body is is barely making insulin; however, my liver pumps out glucose like there's no tomorrow. Yet, I went from four meds to one, Metformin, by working out.
  • Healthier68
    Options
    Congratulations! I know how frustrating it can be to get your blood sugar under control, so you are my new hero!! :)
  • phonepest
    phonepest Posts: 43
    Options
    Excellent job!! Whether it's remission or cured, just take it and run with it! You'll have no problem keeping it under control with this change in lifestyle!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Seriously! I had some lab work done last week and my blood shows proof that the efforts for which I put forth in changing to a low-carb diet and moving more has totally paid off. My A1C was 5.1 and I have effectively reversed my diabetes!! Today was a happy day :)

That's awesome! I remember when I hit that mark myself. Keep up the hard work, kiddo!
  • Emmabulliemum
    Emmabulliemum Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Huge congrats I have just had the same with my diabetes. It works they tell us but we really need to listen there are no easy options but look at us now !!

Huge well done on an amazing achievement
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It always warms my heart when weight loss and eating healthier is accompanied by dramatic health improvements. Prevention beats doctors and meds any day.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's amazing and you are ought to be proud!
  • naz1234
    naz1234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done! Woohoo! I hope you keep it off and the diabetes reversed!
  • bharris78
    bharris78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome. I'm on metformin and I hope to get healthy enough to come back off of it. Congrats on all your hard work!
  • cajunpirate
    cajunpirate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! That is an awesome A1c.... I'm working hard on trying to get mine down also... Congratzzz and stay with it!... :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    congrats for taking control of your life and your health
  • skinnykenny2012
    skinnykenny2012 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! That is what I am going to do. This is my new goal. How long until you saw results? Have a Blessed day skinny kenny
  • ericnealdavis
    ericnealdavis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome! Hoping to hear the same thing myself when I go to the doc in two weeks.
  • MaryLaura83
    MaryLaura83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well deserved congrats!!!
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Congrats! That's fantastic.
  • nissaea
    nissaea Posts: 38
    Options
    Thank you all so very much!

Skinnykenny, I started my weight loss journey in February 2013 with an A1C of 6.4.
    I'm sure I will always have to watch my carb in-take closely to avoid diabetes from creeping back. And I will!

Thanks again for celebrating with me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!