Lifting, it does a body good

Options
13»

Replies

• fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What kind of lifting have you been doing? I'm all curious about getting into this.

I lift from home. I started with a set of dumbbells- 5, 10, 15 lbs and a beginner program from muscleandstrength.com. I also familiarized myself with basic lifts using dumbbells using this site - http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/ Then I started buying equipment a little at a time - an oly barbell, plates, a used bench. After I had more equipment, I studied up on compound lifts, worked on my form and went from there. Hope that helps :)
  • Cacoates90
    Cacoates90 Posts: 62
    Options
    You look great!!
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind my asking, what was your starting weight? and how long were you doing cardio before you dropped to the weight you were before lifting?

Oh, you look AH-MAY-ZING as well :)
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!!!!!!
  • fitandgeeky
    Options
    If you don't mind my asking, what was your starting weight? and how long were you doing cardio before you dropped to the weight you were before lifting?

Oh, you look AH-MAY-ZING as well :)

When I started MFP in December of 2012 I was 144 lbs. I did cardio for about 3 months before I started lifting. I lost weight doing it, I just wasn't happy with how soft I was. A good portion of that loss was muscle. I've lost close to that with just lifting and most of it has been fat. I wish I had started lifting from the beginning. I'd likely have more muscle now had I done it that way.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    AWESOME results!!!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! You look so strong and healthy. Love!
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Wow. You should be proud. :flowerforyou:
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Great results!
  • tia582
    tia582 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! I am new with MPF and need some motivation and support! Some people say lose weight then weight train others say do both. ADVICE please!!!! I am 54 lbs overweight. I have started going to the gym and eating completely differently. I get shin splints easy so i stay on the elliptical. I started with 20 mins and today i did 40 mins. Felt GREAT!! i then did some weight training.
  • alisaprince1
    Options
    Great job! I am still 80 lbs overweight so I can't talk my mind into eating that many calories,I am strength training though, hopefully it will help even with lower calories, if not I will go up on my calories after I get down to a healthy weight.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress!! You look great!! Very inspiring as I've just started my own weight lifting journey.
  • cherryblossomrose
    Options
    Great results. Very inspiring. Thanks for posting.
  • heatherpg47
    heatherpg47 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great post thanks for the information and NICE WORK!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?

i started strength training, i am doing chalean extreme... and it's a 4 month program and i am have finished 2.5 months of it so far and not any big changes yet, :( was hoping for a success story like yours...
  • fitandgeeky
    Options
    how tall are you?

i started strength training, i am doing chalean extreme... and it's a 4 month program and i am have finished 2.5 months of it so far and not any big changes yet, :( was hoping for a success story like yours...

I'm 5'4". Have you taken pictures and measurements? I had no weight change the first month I started lifting. If it wasn't for pictures, I'd have been really discouraged. I do have to say that I think diet played a big part in my progress.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awesome work and results! :drinker:
  • eikito
    eikito Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look AMAZING!!!! You are very inspiring :smile:
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I think you looked great before you started lifting, and you look great now, and more muscular. You have a lovely shape!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!