ZUMBA??????

Options
Hi everyone! I started an hour long Zumba class last night and it was a blast! Does anyone know what to log it under in exercise? I think with breaks we actually danced about 45 minutes but I can't find it anywhere on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:heart:

Replies

• Allieballie
    Options
    Hi there. I'm a Zumba instructor, and when I teach, I log it under aerobics/general. I think it really depends on how energetic it is. :) Some people also log it under 'dance'.
  • Barriola
    Options
    I don't know for sure since I have not taken either class but would that qualify as turbo jam. Just an idea. The gym I go to offers zumba, I want to try it but have to left feet and no rythmn. :) Maybe someone else can give u a for sure answer.
  • gambitsgal45
    Options
    Hey! Don't let two left feet and no rhythm stop you! It doesn't matter! Just have fun and move! I promise, no one is looking at you anyway... they are all trying to do it themselves! Zumba is a BLAST!!!

I log my zumba class under Aerobics/High Impact. That gives the closest to what my heartrate monitor says I burn. But it does depend on the class... I've been to classes where I didn't even break a sweat, but my class is high energy all the way!
  • mbrownks77
    mbrownks77 Posts: 137
    Options
    Thank You all!
  • luvstolose
    Options
    I have been logging it under low impact areobics I do it under low becuase I can't keep up with the rest of the class yet so figure I don't burn as many calories as they do. I have ordered a heart rate montitor so I will be able to see the actual calories I do burn taken it.
  • vctkell
    vctkell Posts: 41
    Options
    I do Zumba every week, I went in and added my own Zumba (various dances) under My Exercise and used the time and calories from my HRM. :flowerforyou:
  • emsmom2k
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Took my first class last nigh and absolutely loved it!!!! We all really worked up a sweat and the hour was up before we knew it.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    I use "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist" when logging my zumba exercise - not sure if it's exact, but it's close enough, if not a bit on the lower side...but rather low than high! :)
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a Zumba instructor also. I recommend using a heart rate monitor (HRM) and plug in your own calculations as to how many cals you burn. We dance hard in my classes and on average burn around 500 an hour, but for those that are new and not familiar with the routines will burn less because they are not ready to put 100% just for the fact they don't know the routines. My regulars will burn around 500, new peeps around 300-350. everyone is different depending on their cardio/endurance levels