Needing Support / Friends

Options
I have been busting my butt since Feb this year to get my life and health back in order. I am former Army and at one point in my life could have been considered in elite athletic form. Due to the traumas I received in my service and the VA system jerking me around I gave up on myself. In October last year they discovered a tumor above my soft palette the size of a baseball. I went through surgery to have it removed in December and then in February finally had a much needed foot surgery to fix issues that were hurting and keeping me from even walking comfortably.

I first started with my trainer 3rd week of Feb body fat was 49.9% I was over 375 Lbs I had also been diagnosed as diabetic. I was recovering from 2 major surgeries and determined to get my life and health back in order. I see my personal trainer 2 times a week since then and also started doing C25K. I have gone down to 26.9 body fat and just over 300 lbs. But I m hitting a wall the past 2 workouts with my trainer I have left totally exhausted and feeling like hell. I have figured out its likely caloric intake and needing more water but Ive also been on a plateau for a few weeks.

I have been walking around for months now sore everyday going to the gym 3-4 times a week seeing the trainer 2 of those days and running 4-5 times a week. The long battle of getting down another 60 - 70 lbs is ahead of me and my motivation is waning. I hurt and am sore all the time. I really want to do this because I feel tons better and have been off the diabetic drugs but monitoring it closely. Having more friends and support I know will keep my going and maybe others will have motivational tips as well. Right now its a struggle to keep doing the workouts and busting my butt. Especially with little improvement the past few weeks.

Im not whining I am just looking for people out there like myself who will keep in contact here on the boards and on my profile and help keep my eye on the prize. thanks I appreciate your time reading this,.

Replies

• chelleperk24
    chelleperk24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hello! Your post caught my attention! Wow you have been through a lot. I am sorry you are hitting a wall, I know how frustrating that can be. I am not sure what I have to offer you other than encouragement and an ear, but I am here if you need anything. I am on a 50-60 lb journey myself and it seems so far away, but I know I have to take it one lb at a time!
  • sofldan
    sofldan Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks Im gonna keep up with it. Its breaking through the plateaus that really suck. Thanks for the support!!