I hope this helps even one person

Options
Long story short, I'm here for a reason. I started out as a 44-year old 318-pound lazy person with congestive heart failure. Having said that, I thought (in the beginning) that I would take the easy way out, jump on the Atkins band wagon, eat what I wanted and lose the weight fast, right?? Um, WRONG! I lost a whopping 6 pounds, and just stopped. Dunno why, but my body put on the breaks.

I never understood the whole calorie counting thing, so I decided to do some research. And once I found out that it was a lot harder than I thought it would be, I said to hell with it and made the decision to give it a go, up to and including giving up my cigarettes at the same time. Most people would say that this was a big mistake, but I say, if you're gonna get angry, do it all at once and get it over with.

So I've been with MFP since February 20th, and believe it or not (including the 6 lbs I lost on Atkins), I've lost a total of 81 pounds (if I did it correctly, the "during" photo should be below this post). I know this drastic weight loss seems WAY too fast, but let me explain: I used to eat NOTHING but fast food. I was probably taking in no less than ten to twelve THOUSAND calories a day. And I was about as sedentary as a house. All day every day, sitting around with a cigarette in one hand and a fork in the other. I went from that to eating completely healthy at least 6 times a day, not eating after 6pm, and exercising FAITHFULLY five days a week for an hour per workout. Plus, I'm under doctor's care, and I'm assured that all is well. I have had NO dizzy spells, NO physically ill feelings of any kind, and I'm getting stronger by the day. And rest assured, I'm NOT done - but I'm well on my way!

It amounts to this - you can live, or you can die. You have to make the decision which way you're gonna go, and how you're willing to back that decision up. I chose life...you can too!

6-24_zpsf78eea2b.jpg

Replies

• alisaprince1
    Options
    Great work!
  • tntmom17
    tntmom17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    awesome job! you have definitely inspired me today!
  • ambrelamp
    ambrelamp Posts: 2
    Options
    That's wonderful! What kind of exercise did you do? Jogging? I can really only walk because I have back problems and running can leave me in some pain so I have to avoid it.
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you. You look amazing. Congrats
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    bravo! we can see your update in a year---bikini pics! you are well on your way, mah dear!
  • apf2013
    apf2013 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Great job!
  • Onmywaytogoal926
    Options
    Awesome!!! You look great !!! Congratulations!
  • efitterp
    efitterp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Absolutely blooming fantastic luvvie....well done to you :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • NadDrew
    NadDrew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just amazing and you are so true to yourself that is your success you chose life and it is so spectacular what you did.

Congrats...

Nad...:smile:
  • lady_tracy
    lady_tracy Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm doing mostly walking, but I've started incorporating light jogging into it. I'm also doing some light strength training. I'm trying to take baby steps, because I was so out of shape for so long. I've also had back surgery (cervical and lumbar) five times. Once you start losing, your back will feel TREMENDOUSLY better!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    that is incredible, yes that is fast but it looks like you have been doing this smart and the healthy way.

I am so proud to hear that you and you alone took control of your life. Welcome back to your new life!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    That is a totally awesome story and I completely concur with you - I gave up smoking cold turkey because I got pissed off at myself as well. Well done!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Way to go, lady. You're an inspiration.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You rock!! Keep motivating us by sharing your wonderful progress!!
  • BayBay1956
    BayBay1956 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is a very inspiring story and I am so proud of you. This have also helped me to stick with what I am doing. Oh, and you look GREAT!!!!:smile:
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Great job! I totally agree with your philosphy of you can either wait around to die or choose to live, glad you chose life!
  • lady_tracy
    lady_tracy Posts: 15
    Options
    OMG - thank you everyone for the kind words of encouragement. I'm overjoyed that this post received such a big response. I just hope that I can inspire others.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Lovely job!!! You'll be welcomed to "One-derland" very soon, I just know it! Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are a huge inspiration. You took the bull by the horns and you're just "Doing it". Congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!