171 calorie omelette!

Options
CombatVet_Armywife
CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
I was tired of the same cup of cereal & milk for breakfast. I love omelettes, but I knew the calorie count would push me over my calorie goal. So I experimented with MFP's database, entering the foods I already had in my kitchen. I ended up with an omelette that comes in UNDER 200 calories. It filled me up for HOURS and was YUMMY! I know people can have a hard time figuring out different meal ideas, so I figured I'd post this as a potential idea for anyone that likes omelettes that will help keep you under your calorie goals.

1/4c Cheese
3Tbs Egg Whites (I used liquid egg whites in the carton)
1oz. or 1/4c turkey sausage
=171 calories!

Simple, quick, and YUMMY! Of course the calorie count will change depending on any additional ingredients added, different products used, or the amounts used. I like spicy foods, so I used tabasco sauce, but salsa would be yummy too and it's low in calories. I hope this can give other users who might be tired of the same 'ol breakfast another option. I know I am always looking for meal ideas, eating the same things everyday can get old!
Happy eating!! :happy:

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    you need a minimum of 300-400 calories for breakfest to get your matabloism going. It should be one of your bigger meals of the day. Use one egg and 3 whites and add veggies in instead of processed meats. Like spinich onioins peppers ect:smile:
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    Oh I have additional items on the side, sliced avacado or tamatoes or fruits, different items. The omelette was the base meal. I was just surprised I could get an omelette that was yummy and low in calories. Figured I would share that with other members. Thanks for the tip though! I appreciate it! :)
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yum! I love eggs...any time of day! Thanks Mama! :drinker:
  • byrdhouse2006
    Options
    Thanks for the idea. I'm going to have to experiement with egg white omlets. My husband made me an egg white omlette the other day and well, as much as I normally love his omlettes, this one wasn't so great.
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great omlette!! I use one whole egg and loads of veggies, then sometimes instead of regular cheese I smear cottage cheese on top!!
    I love eggs.... Hence I'm always over on protien!!
    It's good to change your brekkie around...
    Breakfast is always almost half of my calories for the day to get a good start.. Just my preference.. So will try your omlette at the weekend!!!
  • DanniJNoles
    Options
    sounds yummy Bren. I am gonna have to do that with the extra peppers we have. Oh and good idea on the tabasco. You know eating spicy foods boost the metabolism?!
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    Thanks girls!! Your input is always so helpful! I wanted to find a low-cal omelette that was actually yummy & filling! Adding extras like veggies and cottage cheese (a new one that sounds so yummy, I'll have to try it!!) is a terrific idea!! I use tomatoes sometimes, or peppers. This morning I had sliced avacados on the side. I do love omelettes!! :smile: