40 before 40

Options
40 pounds less before we turned 40.....Well that was the original goal me and my bff had last year, and for many reason we didnt quite get there! However we got started and able to identify many MANY bad habits.
So now my personal goal is 50 before 41!
Using this site has been an eye opener on what I thought was OK calorie wise (One flour tortilla was a caloric intake shock attack!).
The challenges I encoutner: eating out. Hard to figure out on the fly how many calories are in the plate in front of you.. and I dont have a smart phoen so I can log in and check.... nor do I want to be rude looking it up while with company. Also the weekends when I have my kids.... easier to make high carb meals and loose my focus on those. So working on those two things!

And I need a new weigh scale! darn thing I have has me gaining 3 pounds or loosing 5 over night! ha!

Replies

• SueFromRI
    SueFromRI Posts: 206 Member
    Options

The challenges I encounter: eating out. Hard to figure out on the fly how many calories are in the plate in front of you.. and I don't have a smart phone so I can log in and check.... nor do I want to be rude looking it up while with company. Also the weekends when I have my kids.... easier to make high carb meals and loose my focus on those. So working on those two things!

Go online BEFORE you go out. Choose your dinner with a back up alternative. You won't even need to look a the menu and be tempted.
    OR ask the waiter/waitress if they have a suggestions for lighter fare or luncheon versions.
    Many restaurants now have an icon for fit and trim meals. Some even now post calories on the menu.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options

The challenges I encounter: eating out. Hard to figure out on the fly how many calories are in the plate in front of you.. and I don't have a smart phone so I can log in and check.... nor do I want to be rude looking it up while with company. Also the weekends when I have my kids.... easier to make high carb meals and loose my focus on those. So working on those two things!

Go online BEFORE you go out. Choose your dinner with a back up alternative. You won't even need to look a the menu and be tempted.
    OR ask the waiter/waitress if they have a suggestions for lighter fare or luncheon versions.
    Many restaurants now have an icon for fit and trim meals. Some even now post calories on the menu.
    This is great advice
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Also if you can get a food scale for home. They are not expensive. ON food labels it tells what their portion size is. I found this to be a big help. You can do this , you just have to be consistent and determined. As you make friends check out their food diary , That can give you some ideas. Wishing you success!
  • prgirl39
    prgirl39 Posts: 108
    Options
    Tell me about it. This is a complete lifestyle change. I feel like I am in school again. Every day is a new class, new lessons, new habits. So 50 before 41, Lets GO!!! You can do this!

By the way. this website has helped me a lot. Great information and also great support.