What Do You Consider High Maintenance?

Options
2»

Replies

• MzTanya77
    MzTanya77 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I believe high-maintenance as far as personality are those who always need attention or compliments. Those friends/loved ones that want you to be available ALL the time to text, call, vent to, hang out with, cry to, come to their aid, and they get upset if you are not. And they constantly need others to affirm them. They put themselves down so others can build them back up. You have to be their only friend.

High maintenance as far as appearance, are those who have to visit the hair salon, nail salon, tanning salon, waxer, shop for clothes and shoes, etc on a ritualistic basis. I was very high maintenance when I was younger, $80-100 a month on hair, $50 a month on nails and then clothes and shoes, etc. I see people who pay out thousands of dollars per month just on personal apperance and that is ridiculous.....
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    There are different aspects of high maintenance: physical, emotional, and material.

Physical high maintenance is a very active gal who expects you to be just as active, it can be about sex or physical activities in general (sports, socializing, etc.). This one is not necessarily bad if you can (and willing to) keep up.

Emotional high maintenance is what I avoid like the plague, this is an insecure woman who demands constant and near undivided attention, who would sulk if you treat her in a manner less grandeur than a butler treats a princess.

Material high maintenance is what most people are familiar with; she wants all the glamour and luxury in the world and expects you to foot the bill. It's not necessarily bad if you can afford her, but the problem is that these girls are often emotionally high maintenance too.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    lol... that is what my husband calls me!:laugh:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    anyone who has ever said "fix your own damned sandwich!" = high maintenance
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Definitely 4000+ cals/day. Oh...wait... not that maintenance.... :/

:laugh:
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I'm interested to hear the answer. I get told that I seem high maintenance often.....which I think is solely based on my appearance. My hair and makeup are always done, I wear heels almost everyday and also wear an outfit that is put together. However, I work full time, run a small business and take care of three kids day in and day out. I have never had a massage or a pedicure for that matter. I am about as far from emotionally high maintenance as they come. I think people tend to base whether someone is 'high maintenance' on their appearance.

For me personally, high maintenance kind of goes hand and hand with entitled. Someone who requires a lot of attention, materialistic items, and pampering and doesn't give much back in return.

definitely agree
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I'm low maintenance. Tell me how lovelyI I am, adore me and see me. That's all I need, want. I have my own money so I just go for love.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Tell me how lovely I am, adore me and see me. That's all I need, want. I have my own money so I just go for love.

Yes. This.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    3200 calories per day...that's petty high maintenance...wait...we're talking about something else aren't we...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I know HOW to be high maintenance. I've got no problem getting pedicures, massages, shopping, etc. But my fiance tells me I'm super low maintenance. I got ready for his BF's wedding in 20 minutes flat. I know how to do my make-up and hair, I don't primp, and I can be super cheap. I think high maintenance is clingy, needy, controlling, and spends their spouses money. Men can be high maintenance too. My fiance doesn't give a rats crap what I spend my money on, as long as my bills are paid. I don't give a rats crap if he goes to his friends house or plays poker with the buddies, I'm happy he has friends. I even bought him his very first pedicure for father's day...and I added the price of one more onto the gift card so I can go too ;)