Women over 40 with 40lbs to lose

Options

Replies

• BrnEyz
    BrnEyz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! I am almost 40 (well actually I just turned 39 in May), but I really need help. I am aiming to lose 30, but every BMI calculator says I need to lose over 50. I think I would look sickly with that much of a weight loss, so I set my goal to stop at 150. I am not brave enough to post a picture of my awful body now, but as I get toned I may try. All of you ladies feel free to add me, I could really use the encouragement and motivation.
  • MomKG
    MomKG Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 44 and started (re-started?) my journey in January. I have lost 39 lbs, as of this morning and 40 was my goal (although I'm happy with the results and may keep going) :smile:

I'm a single Mom with a 9yo son, so I'm on homework supervision and/or taxi duty most nights and weekends. I also work outside the home full time and I travel for my job at least twice a month - so I'm eating in restaurants on the road.

I started running 10 weeks ago and on Sunday completed my 3rd 5k race. In 2 weeks, I will run in my first 10k race.

The key for me has been tracking every single bite I put in my mouth, even on the days I go to parties and know I will go over. It has kept me accountable and helps me to realise the consequences of my choices. And I get up early every morning now to workout - sometimes it is a heavier workout, lifting weights plus cardio and sometimes light cardio. I find by getting it done in the mornings, I don't have to worry about what the rest of the day brings. :happy:

In January I was sedentary and hated exercise - but now I love it!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm over 40 for sure and want to lose at least 40 lbs. It's a big challenge for me! My hardest time of the day is evenings. Any ideas on how to curb the appetite after 6pm?

I would suggest saving some of your calories to have a snack at night if that is a hard time for you.

Over 40 and over 40 here too. Learning so much more about calories and food on MFP than I ever knew! It's been awesome.
  • dragondawg
    Options
    I'm new to the message boards here. I dieted a few years ago and lost nearly 80 lbs. But then I "fell off the wagon" and have gained a bunch back. So I'm back to using MFP. Just found the message boards. I'm 42 and have 60 lbs to lose. Would love to have some friends and support from others on MFP.
  • cindyst1
    cindyst1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Okay over 40 here with over 40 to lose. Please feel free to add me too. I sent request to OP.
    Thanks,
    Cindy
  • CinNoMore
    CinNoMore Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm new to FP and my name is Cindy. A couple of years ago I lost over 80 pounds and have begun to gain weight once again. I am 48 and have at least 45 to lose and I'm excited to meet people in similiar situation!
  • kellydeutsch1
    kellydeutsch1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely over 40 and definitely have over 40 to lose...please add me too...I need support and encouragement!
  • nanlan50
    nanlan50 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 years over 40 and have about 40 pounds to lose too....Feel free to add me...I've only been on here for about a month, but I've lost 7 lbs. so far.....I would like to have some friends on MFP with similar goals...
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and still have 40 pounds (+10) to go.... add me!
  • nanlan50
    nanlan50 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I go for a brisk walk or bike ride in the evenings...It keeps me away from the kitchen and when I come back I'm super thirsty so I down a glass or two of water which fills me right up! Since I've started eating much healthier I don't find I'm getting those evening cravings anyway, but if I do it's usually when I'm parked in front of the tv....Old habits die hard!
  • txangel210
    txangel210 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Will be 41 in one week. And have been trying over a year to get over this plateau! Feel free to add me. I always welcome any and all motivational support!!
  • familyizzy
    familyizzy Posts: 26
    Options
    You can add me if you like.
  • eileenm777
    eileenm777 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for 'women in their 40's' pals so feel free to add me. I still have about 12lbs to go and need peer support!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40. I have been on this healthy journey since I was 38. Feel free to add me.
  • luvmydoggies
    luvmydoggies Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 43 and .also need to lose over 40 lbs. Need all the support I can get. Feel free to add me looking for new friends on MFP my age :flowerforyou:
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This is so me! I would love to talk with others that are in the same boat as well! Feel free to add me.
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in dec. had baby #5 in jan. now back at it on MFP. Had good results prior to baby. Then off here most of my pregnancy. Sick sick sick. I have at least 40 I want to loose. Please feel free to add.
  • Luv2design2
    Options
    Hi! I am 41 and looking to lose 40 more pounds, feel free to add me, the more support the better!
  • ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 43 and I started this journey at 199# with a goal of 155# (about 44 pounds to lose). So far, I have lost 18# so I have about 26# to go. I am a working mom and my hubs is gone 1/2 of the year so while I have food under control most of the time, I am constantly trying to find time to exercise. I am not sure where people shoe-horn it in...but I am working on it! I certainly do not have time to do anything else for myself (tv, hobbies, sleep, etc. so I am not sure what I would drop....). I'd love to hear more about how you all balance your days.
  • 127saz
    127saz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just seen this post yes to both! Sx