This is me (introduction)

Options
I am a mother of four. I have been on this site for a few weeks. It all started when my husband's insurance company said that if he quit smoking and I lost weight then we could keep the rates down. My husband since has quit smoking. when I first started my weight loss I weighed 180 lbs. After four weeks on my own I lost 4 lbs. I then went back to my doctor and she said thatSo if I was serious about loosing weight to use this site.

It has been almost five weeks. I am not sure how much I actually weigh because I have been using so many different scales. I know I need to get one for myself. Anyway my mom's scale weighed me at 165.5 about 3 weeks ago. Just Sunday I went to the walk-in clinic and weighed in at 169. That means I have lost 11-15 lbs.

I have been married almost 20 years and if I can get back down to 130-135 I will be where I was when I was married. I am just looking for friends to stick with me through this. My biggest falt is I can't seem to get motivated to excersise. I don't have a gym near me. Some days it seems to be either too hot outside to do anything (summer) or too cold (winter), that's what I get for living in Michigan. I need motivators to get me moving...Please help me!

Replies

• MaryBLee
    MaryBLee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been on since the end of May.
  • NNSSJSKR
    NNSSJSKR Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Look into purchasing some workout videos or doing ones free online. You can do them from the comfort of your own living room whether it is hot or cold out. I recently quit my gym membership because I do Jillian Michaels and yoga videos and go for walks/runs during okay weather.
  • TeresaM1992
    Options
    I didn't know there were online videos to work out to. I will have to try that. Tnks.
  • cchardy82
    cchardy82 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi! I am also a mom and find it hard to workout due to my schedule and the sheer craziness of having children. I love using Youtube for free workouts! You can find Insanity workouts, yoga, ballet, and so on.

Welcome :)