Do I run as slowly as I think I do?

Options
Ok i just started seriously running yesterday and I run with my dog for safety reasons. I decided to start with 2 miles a day and work my way up from there and today has been my second day running. Its a very hilly terrain with uphills and downhills and turns and I finished my 1st mile in 9:53 without stopping. my 2nd mile usually consists of me running half of it and walking/shuffling/jogging the 2nd half because its mostly uphill and takes me 11-17 minutes depending how if Porky gets distracted or wants to stop for a few seconds. Yesterday I did it all in 30 mins and today I finished in a total of 23. Is that a good pace or am I just as slow at running as I think i am.

Replies

• kkramey1970
    kkramey1970 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Not at all :)
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    That is a fine pace. Not stopping is a good calibration point.
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    sounds pretty good to me
  • OMGitzj3551k4
    OMGitzj3551k4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't think running or jogging should be about speed, but about endurance. I do jogging and walking intervals and I found it's better on my knees.
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    the fact that you are out there doing it is awesome :) the more you do it, the better you'll get. keep it up and enjoy!!
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That's very good timing. I must suck at running because it takes me 28-30 minutes to do 1.8 miles on mostly flat land. This makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. Any advice for me?
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    fine pace, that!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Way better than when I started. Keep it up