What's the best three day diet??

Options
I am ready to start with my weight-loss again....and I am looking for a three-four day diet to kickstart my journey again. What is the best diet you have tried? How much weight did you lose while on it? The military diet won't work for me, since I have an allergic reaction to hot dogs. I also do not like beans. I don't have much time to excercise, as I am working a lot and also preparing to leave town. I weigh 133-ish right now, so it is tough to lose weight. Thanks so much in advance!!

Replies

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    three days of consuming lots of data which leads you to never doing another silly fad diet.
  • small_town_jubilant
    small_town_jubilant Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I suppose I should have been more clear. I don't want a 3 day diet--lose all my weight (which would be mostly water, and wouldl come back quickly) and then be done. I just want something to sort of "kickstart" it or get a "push off the edge". Just something to get me started. I don't want something drastic...I just want to lose a bit of the water weight so I lose actual "fat weight" when I start logging again.
  • Shadowcub
    Shadowcub Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm with astronomicals here. The best "kickstart" to a lifetime of new eating behaviors is Day 1 of those very behaviors. Just start logging food, exercise, etc. and be done with it. Do it consistently for 3-4 weeks and it'll be a habit.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy, stay in your calorie goal, exercise and drink lots of water......that's the best 'kickstart'
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm with astronomicals here. The best "kickstart" to a lifetime of new eating behaviors is Day 1 of those very behaviors. Just start logging food, exercise, etc. and be done with it. Do it consistently for 3-4 weeks and it'll be a habit.

Agreed.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a 3 or 4 day diet.
    You can starve yourself for those days, but you won't be burning enough calories to make a difference, you will only be shedding water which of course will come back.

Just start off with about 300 calories for breakfast, 400 for lunch, and 500 - 700 for dinner and you will see steady results.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone above me.....
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    three days of consuming lots of data which leads you to never doing another silly fad diet.

I completely agree with this. You're better off eating crap for 3 days while reading scientific research on nutrition and exercise so that you understand that any diet that you can't see yourself following for the rest of your life is not a good option
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Use those three days to really get into journalling your food and exercise.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options

^^^^^this!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    The best three-day diet is three days of eating how you plan to eat for the rest of your life-- keep your calories at a reasonable goal and try to hit your targets for protein, carbs, and fat.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    A healthy lifestyle isn't a motorcycle, it doesn't have a kick start.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Three days of not eating as much as you currently do.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add my voice to the chorus. I don't believe in "kick-starter" diets. They're a bad idea. You're better off slowly lowering your calories and adding exercise. Make small changes that will last, not big changes that won't.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Three days of not eating or drinking anything should provide you the best results. Or you could just do something that's not pointless or stupid.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    nvm...
  • salt160
    salt160 Posts: 44
    Options
    Not a diet, but sometimes helps.

Try fasting.
    3 days of juice and water- supplement with a good multivitamin. It helps to clean/flush your system and start fresh. A fast every once in a while is OK. You don't want to make it a habit though.
    A good food to start after a fast is natural greek yogurt.

This is just my opinion. It works for me.

I also agree with all the advice above. Fad diets never work. Good nutrition is the key. But.... a short and responsible fast once every couple of months can be a part of it as well.
  • troy0
    troy0 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    All the sensible suggestions have already been taken so I'm going with three days of only Lettuce leaves, laxatives, lemon juice and raspberry ketones!.

Can't go wrong.
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    Try Whole30 for 30 days.
  • het100
    het100 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not to be contrary to everyone else, but I see nothing wrong with a "kick start" to whatever long term plan you have. Especially if that will be part of your motivation to succeed. Limiting yourself to 3 days of about 1000 calories and 50 carbs or less for the 3 days won't do you any harm. Just make sure you drink plenty of water take a good multi vitamin. Good luck!