People being too nice to you while working

Options
NormInv
NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
Someone attractive of the opposite sex goes out of their way, stay back after their shift is up, makes small conversation....but they are working and you are a customer. Ever ok to ask out. I think it could make things real awkward real fast. Opinions?

Replies

• freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you're going to ask her out, you should tilt your cap further back on your head so you can look at her first. I mean... you know...?
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should leave by closing time like a normal person
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Or just give her the D
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Find a new place to shop in case she starts screaming.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Unless you plan on switching stores when it doesn't work out to avoid the awkward, I say no.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Need more context, but I say just ask her out. What is the worst that could happen?
  • newvinny
    newvinny Posts: 1
    Options
    take her out if she turns out to be nuts just shop somewhere else.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I've been asked out while at work before. It's easy for me, I'm married, so the answer is usually no. :wink: But I don't see why it would be any more awkward than asking someone out anywhere else. They will either say 'yes', or 'no'. Done.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    It's not like she's your doctor. You bought some pants or a coffee or something. Ask her out.

if she declines, just use humour, and otherwise keep a respectful distance until she signals that it's ok to be in friendly customer/clerk mode again. (assuming this is your local coffee shop)

i thought this was going to be about coworkers making birthday cake you don't want.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Pass her a note with your payment with the question. Give some options she can check mark...like..."Yes, I'll go on a date"..."No, I'd rather just take your money" ....things like that. Make sure to include a comment box on the bottom so that she can fill in dates and times she's available and how high maintenance she is so you know how much cash to have in hand.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Unless you think it could be something serious, I would say no.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    worry a bout working out
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Brutally honest opinions are brutal!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Brutally honest opinions are brutal!