What's the best three day diet??

Options
2»

Replies

• DiabolicBooger
    DiabolicBooger Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    3 days only....ok I got a good answer for 3 days

day 1: south beach salt water cleanse in the morning, begin fasting, do mild to moderate cardio and resistance training all day long
    day 2: fast and do mild to moderate cardio and resistance training all day long, eliminate all salt intake and take half of a miltivitimin 3 times a day. drink lots of water
    Day 3: repeat day 2

Day 4: Who cares, you were only on a 3 day diet so go to mcdonalds or something
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I really agree with what has been said - my first response was that the best three day diet is the first three days of the healthy eating you want to continue with for the rest of your life. But I get what you're saying, too. For me, my best "kick-start" is to totally cut out all of my trigger foods - the refined flours, sugars, etc. for a short time. I don't believe that totally cutting out a whole food group for life is sustainable for me, but when I get rid of the carbs for a week or so, I find that my out-of-control cravings disappear and I can make wiser choices (ie, whole grains over processed grains, fruit instead of cookies to satisfy my sweet tooth). I look to south beach's "phase 1" plan for guidance when I need to gain some control in my food choices. Good luck!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    All the sensible suggestions have already been taken so I'm going with three days of only Lettuce leaves, laxatives, lemon juice and raspberry ketones!.

Can't go wrong.

Wait wait.... You forgot green coffee bean extract enemas.
  • DiabolicBooger
    DiabolicBooger Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    3 days only....ok I got a good answer for 3 days

day 1: south beach salt water cleanse in the morning, begin fasting, do mild to moderate cardio and resistance training all day long
    day 2: fast and do mild to moderate cardio and resistance training all day long, eliminate all salt intake and take half of a miltivitimin 3 times a day. drink lots of water
    Day 3: repeat day 2

Day 4: Who cares, you were only on a 3 day diet so go to mcdonalds or something

^This
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    A healthy lifestyle isn't a motorcycle, it doesn't have a kick start.

^THIS.
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    I agree with the others. "Kickstart" is a gimmick and is a form of crash dieting. If you are already beginning with that mentality, you are setting yourself up to fail. Start with small changes and build on them. Don't try to do or lose everything at once. Small steps will one day yield big results.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Three days of eating at a sensible deficit and working out. Rinse, repeat.
  • Eandretta96
    Eandretta96 Posts: 119
    Options
    You join a website for counting CALORIES and people still look for dieting gimmicks?
  • Eandretta96
    Eandretta96 Posts: 119
    Options
    Three days of eating at a sensible deficit and working out. Rinse, repeat.
    This^
  • camper2022
    camper2022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Are you crazy? Why a 3-4 day diet??? It's a lifestyl change sweetheart!
  • Meemilla
    Meemilla Posts: 46
    Options
    Eat healthy. Something that may help is going low good carbs and plenty of protein. Stay away from fruit for a few days, sugars, starches, bad carbs, junk food, soda, etc. You can keep your calories down as long as you eat your protein and at least 4 cups of veggies a day. Stay away from carrots, corn, potatoes, squash (ones high in carbs) for the first week. Then have in moderation.
    Drink only water and lots of it with no flavor additives. Take a multi vitamin. Do your research of the foods - use the scanner on your mfp.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Troll alert......what is your allergic reaction to hot dogs :)

Sometimes I swear this forum is just as good as http://www.funnyordie.com/
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    two oatmeal squares a day for a month
  • Hotdawgnothotdog
    Hotdawgnothotdog Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This is horrible, but… eat a minuscule amount of calories, 1,200 being the min, though. And exercise, not like a dog if you don't want to, 30 minutes on the stationary bike each day did it for me. I lost six pounds. But don't go like this any longer than three - four days as its unhealthy and once your body gets used to it you don't lose so speedy.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I suppose I should have been more clear. I don't want a 3 day diet--lose all my weight (which would be mostly water, and wouldl come back quickly) and then be done. I just want something to sort of "kickstart" it or get a "push off the edge". Just something to get me started. I don't want something drastic...I just want to lose a bit of the water weight so I lose actual "fat weight" when I start logging again.

Oh. Now I understand better. Now that we're on the same page, my answer is this:
    three days of consuming lots of data which leads you to never doing another silly fad diet.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    three days of consuming lots of data which leads you to never doing another silly fad diet.

Well said.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever read a post in the forums that had such an unequivocal agreement in the responses. Someone above used the word "gimmicky" to describe the "kickstart" phenomenon and I agree.

"Kickstart" (in reference to diet) is a trendy buzzword used in women's magazines (and I assume men's as well): it's used as you used it, to mean that the weight loss for the first XX days will be impressive and more than the effort after those said 3 or 4 days.

The ONLY way that a "jumpstart" would work:
    A.) It would cause you to lose water weight (not a bad thing of course, but it will come right back so why bother doing something silly or harmful to achieve that). Dang...upping your water intake alone is the most sensible way to do this.

B.) By following some fad supplement/diet idea that is harmful to your health and won't work in the long run. Seriously, anything you read of that promises "jumpstart" results from ingesting a particular something or cutting entire food groups out of your diet is setting yourself up for failure.

There is only way to lose weight and get in shape: eat a modest deficiency of calories than you expend and get some exercise.

There are loads of people on this site who have tried every gimmick on the market--jumpstart diets included--who have to come to realize that the "jumpstart" idea is a lie. The only way to do it is by hard slog and commitment. Good luck!
  • green_owl
    green_owl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The best kickstart - clear out of kitchen any junk you shouldn't be eating, make a meal and exercise plan for next week, go shopping for all the good foods.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    The best kickstart - clear out of kitchen any junk you shouldn't be eating, make a meal and exercise plan for next week, go shopping for all the good foods.

^^^^^ THIS

If you don't want to waste good food (OK "bad" food that tastes good!) donate it to a shelter or invite all your friends round to finish it up.

And while you're shopping for food buy a food scale.