I hope this helps even one person

12346»

Replies

• Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thanks for sharing. You look incredible!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    What a GREAT job you've done so far! :flowerforyou: AMAZING!
  • aeloomis
    aeloomis Posts: 2
    Congratulations!!:smile:
  • Valmar50
    Valmar50 Posts: 9 Member
    Your results are incredible !!! You inspired me with your story Congratulations on your success.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Long story short, I'm here for a reason. I started out as a 44-year old 318-pound lazy person with congestive heart failure. Having said that, I thought (in the beginning) that I would take the easy way out, jump on the Atkins band wagon, eat what I wanted and lose the weight fast, right?? Um, WRONG! I lost a whopping 6 pounds, and just stopped. Dunno why, but my body put on the breaks.

I never understood the whole calorie counting thing, so I decided to do some research. And once I found out that it was a lot harder than I thought it would be, I said to hell with it and made the decision to give it a go, up to and including giving up my cigarettes at the same time. Most people would say that this was a big mistake, but I say, if you're gonna get angry, do it all at once and get it over with.

So I've been with MFP since February 20th, and believe it or not (including the 6 lbs I lost on Atkins), I've lost a total of 81 pounds (if I did it correctly, the "during" photo should be below this post). I know this drastic weight loss seems WAY too fast, but let me explain: I used to eat NOTHING but fast food. I was probably taking in no less than ten to twelve THOUSAND calories a day. And I was about as sedentary as a house. All day every day, sitting around with a cigarette in one hand and a fork in the other. I went from that to eating completely healthy at least 6 times a day, not eating after 6pm, and exercising FAITHFULLY five days a week for an hour per workout. Plus, I'm under doctor's care, and I'm assured that all is well. I have had NO dizzy spells, NO physically ill feelings of any kind, and I'm getting stronger by the day. And rest assured, I'm NOT done - but I'm well on my way!

It amounts to this - you can live, or you can die. You have to make the decision which way you're gonna go, and how you're willing to back that decision up. I chose life...you can too!

6-24_zpsf78eea2b.jpg

Congrats, and you can be assured this helped/inspired AT LEAST one person
  • Valmar50
    Valmar50 Posts: 9 Member
    Your results are amazing. Congratulations on your success!!
  • delvin2
    delvin2 Posts: 120 Member
    Well put! Looks like your work and commitment definitely paid off. You added years to your life.
  • Sharonneaton
    Sharonneaton Posts: 15 Member
    Congratulations and keep it up.
  • baeya
    baeya Posts: 8 Member
    My very first post here is going to be to congratulate you!!! Wow!! You have definitely motivated me!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Awesome job!
  • KirstenMarie18
    KirstenMarie18 Posts: 35 Member
    You look amazing!! Congrats on your success!!
  • luvtcuk
    luvtcuk Posts: 69 Member
    Wholy cow! you did an amazing job!
    You definitely inspire me. Thanks so much for posting pictures.
    You look amazing by the way. Keep it going and keep posted.
  • allall1
    allall1 Posts: 6
    Thanks for your inspirational post. I just started today at about the same weight that you were at when you began and similar health issues. Your progress gives me hope that I too can be successful at losing those extra pounds.
  • You're great! I'm 48 and I'm pissed so maybe I will make it this time too. I'd love to be friends!
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    You look great!! Just what a need today

Thanks' for sharing your story . ????
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Tracey that is awesome! You are doing amazing, keep up the great work. Beautiful story:-)
  • Sam_Africa
    Sam_Africa Posts: 16
    Did you go cold turkey with the smoking?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!