Pork Tenderloin in Slow Cooker

reesepieces
reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Okay, so I'm going to get brave tonight and try something that I have never tried to do before. It sounded delicious to my esophagus and belly as I was looking on allrecipes.com for some healthy suggestions for food! I wanted to share the wealth for others to enjoy! **I will have to let everyone know how this turns out!**

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hrs

Calories: 180
Fat: 3.7 g
Carbs: 5.8 g
Protein: 24.5g

And here's the yummy sounding part.......

1 (2 pounds) pork tenderloin
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup red wine
3 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp soy sauce
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Place pork in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cokking as possibly. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours.

Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.

Enjoy!

Replies

• Thanks for the recipe! I'm gonna try it, too!!!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    That sounds really tasty, but I would opt for just using an onion instead of the packet to reduce the amount of sodium. You will get the sodium from both the pork and soy sauce (even if you use the low-sodium kind). You can also try adding some ground or fresh ginger.

Well, whatever you decide....enjoy!
  • AllyKM
    AllyKM Posts: 15 Member
    I just made this on Saturday! It's excellent. I cooked on low for 6 hours and the meat just fell apart. Serve in whole wheat pitas or on low cal rolls. Yum!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Low for 4? I've always heard high for 4 or low for 8. Just make sure to check the temp of the meat to make sure it's done so you don't get sick.

Sounds delicious, enjoy!
  • reesepieces
    thanks for the upgrades to the recipe! ..i might have to try the onions instead and put it on high for 4.
  • ilenem
    ilenem Posts: 25
    Okay, so I'm going to get brave tonight and try something that I have never tried to do before. It sounded delicious to my esophagus and belly as I was looking on allrecipes.com for some healthy suggestions for food! I wanted to share the wealth for others to enjoy! **I will have to let everyone know how this turns out!**

Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 4 hrs

Calories: 180
    Fat: 3.7 g
    Carbs: 5.8 g
    Protein: 24.5g

And here's the yummy sounding part.......

1 (2 pounds) pork tenderloin
    1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
    1 cup water
    3/4 cup red wine
    3 tbsp minced garlic
    3 tbsp soy sauce
    freshly ground black pepper to taste

Place pork in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cokking as possibly. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours.

Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.

Enjoy!
  • ilenem
    ilenem Posts: 25
    How many servings? Sorry about the goof up. First time I've tried to do the quote thing. Sounds good.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Bumping for later...
    Thanks for the recipe! :)
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Bumpity-bump
  • eclipse75048
    eclipse75048 Posts: 8 Member
    Sounds tasty! However, the nutritional info from allrecipes may be off. Coincedentally, I'm making a pork loin in the crockpot today too (but for carnitas). I'm getting about 211 calories and 12.5 grams of fat for a 3oz serving of cooked pork loin, but I'm leaving all the fat on it. You shave about 4 grams of fat and 30 calories if you trim it first. But, the trade off is that you run the risk of it being kind of dry, even with the liquid in the crockpot.
  • reesepieces
    How many servings? Sorry about the goof up. First time I've tried to do the quote thing. Sounds good.

6 servings
  • reesepieces
    Sounds tasty! However, the nutritional info from allrecipes may be off. Coincedentally, I'm making a pork loin in the crockpot today too (but for carnitas). I'm getting about 211 calories and 12.5 grams of fat for a 3oz serving of cooked pork loin, but I'm leaving all the fat on it. You shave about 4 grams of fat and 30 calories if you trim it first. But, the trade off is that you run the risk of it being kind of dry, even with the liquid in the crockpot.

What I did to get the calories and everything, i added it as a recipe for My Recipes and added the ingredients to it.
  • reesepieces
    OH and update to this! I let it cook on low all night starting it about 7:30 pm CST....and it has become my new fav dish! it was amazing. i def recommend this to others!
This discussion has been closed.