Breakfast Suggestions

Options

Replies

• r_langley80
    Options
    I like Old Fashioned Oatmeal cooked with 1/2 apple juice and 1/2 water instead of cooking it in all water. Add a dash of cinnamon and a splash of skim milk to make it a little creamier . Add a slice of whole wheat or whole grain toast with a couple sprays of zero calorie butter and it completes the meal nicely.

Also try Cream of wheat Whole grain with a dash of sugar free maple syrup. Also with the toast and butter spray previously mentioned.
  • hilaryhill
    hilaryhill Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Smoothie with frozen fruit, banana, coconut milk, and maybe peanut butter
    Steel cut oats soaked in almond milk overnight w/ frozen blueberries
    Scrambled eggs w/ shredded mozzarella, spinach, and tomato mixed in
    Organic cereal w/ milk
    Dutch babies (google recipe, sooo good and fast, lots of protein)
    Pancakes
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    6 egg whites, ezekiel bread cinnamon raisin, and protein shake

also oatmeal with peanut butter and banana

waffles with peanut butter and banana slices and honey good stuff

protein pancakes

chicken chorizo and egg from sprouts
  • imaloverkayla
    Options
    I scramble 2 egg whites and one whole egg, add some spinach and reduced fat feta, and maybe some tomato if I have it. plus 2 pieces of turkey bacon, and if I'm super hungry a slice of 45 calorie toast.

Or 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and honey.

Or Special K Red Berries with Skim Milk and a tablespoon of dark chocolate morsels (It's like chocolate covered strawberry cereal)

Whole grain waffles with low fat cream cheese and blueberries.

Or a smoothie with 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 banana, 4 frozen strawberries, 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, and 1 stevia packet.

ummmm breakfast burrito with 1 egg, 1 avocado slice, and some homemade pico on a corn tortilla.

Chopped fruit with vanilla greek yogurt for dipping

:) I hope I helped. Breakfast can be the best if you take some time to get creative.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    One word - bacon!

or eggs

or fruit
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    original.gif
  • marc8686
    marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage, fruit, whole wheat breads, eggs eggs and more eggs, meal shakes, low fat yogurt, some of my usuals. I prepare the eggs and turkey sausage and such in advance in a big batch and put in containers to speed up the morning process....just microwave it grab an apple and boom.
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs with an orange and green tea, i ate this for breakfast every morning when doing paleo and lost 20lbs
  • imaloverkayla
    Options
    Baked oatmeal is the best. I make mine with blueberries and banana slices in it.
  • imaloverkayla
    Options
    For my first breakfast I like a slice of homemade baked oatmeal (this stuff is great because you make a batch on the weekend and eat it all week - good hot or cold and easy as a to-go meal) and a bowl of greek yogurt with fruit (plus coffee, of course).

For my second breakfast I usually go for a couple of eggs (poached, scrambled with cheese, in a veggie omelette, over sauteed mushrooms and spinach...so many possibilities!), ham or bacon, and some toast or pancakes, maybe some more fruit.

I love breakfast. :love:

(Baked oatmeal, in case you're interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cmeirun/view/baked-oatmeal-or-my-quest-for-world-domination-via-baked-goods-521738)

It's true. I make mine with blueberries and bananas. The only problem is, I have trouble keeping it in the house with my husband around.

..... Slice of oatmeal? Hm.

No, seriously, it's the bomb.
  • LinaS1976
    LinaS1976 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i do overnight oats 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 water, 1/3 greek yoghurt. Mix and leave overnight. In the morning at fruit. Turns out creamy, is filling and delicious
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    2 egg Omelette; vary the fillings, mushrooms are my favourite, sometimes do peppers & onion, delicious!!
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I struggle eating enough proteins so my breakfast should contain at least one protein source.

- omellete with egg whites and vollkorn bread
    - oatflakes with skim milk
    - hard boiled egg and bread
    - yoghurt with dried fruits and nuts
    - green tea
    - fruit (orange, apple)
    - whey proteins if im really short on time

Even eating breakfast is huge improvement from past when i was lazy and skipped meals.
  • ddellner
    ddellner Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use Fiber One pancake mix and make waffles
  • Siobhan007
    Options
    Sara Lee - Frozen Raspberries, 20 g
    Uncle Toby's (Australia) - Traditional Oats, 40 g (not the quick kind)
    Protein Powder Choc, 30 g

Put the oats in a microwave safe container, add 1 cup of cold water. Microwave on high for 2 mins. Take out, add the protein powder and microwave for 30 seconds more. Then add the frozen berries and stir. Yummmy!
  • Siobhan007
    Options
    mmmmm, I love overnight oats!
  • RoyalMoose11
    RoyalMoose11 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Lot's of great stuff! Thanks everyone.

Some highlights look like the baked oatmeal and special k (I've been staying away from those due to carbs but some won't hurt, huh?), chicken chorizo (great add for my love of spicy food and eating only leaner meats), and smoothies (with and without yogurt), and adding new things to my standard 2 egg breakfasts.

Thanks again. Also looking for some feedback on my food diary if folks are willing!
  • markbolch
    markbolch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles, 3/4 cup Eggbeaters. Dump in the skillet, stir, eat. 4 g fat, 3 g carbs, 26g protein and 145 calories. Not whole fresh food but its very quick and fills me up.
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean has a new instant oatmeal out. I LOVE my Kashi Go Lean cold cereal!!! They have 2 flavors: Truly Vanilla and Honey & Cinnamon. They have 150 calories & 8 grams protein. Add some milk, extra protein powder & fruit and you'll have a truly delicious, nutritious & high protein breakfast!

I've gotten tired of the same old, same old for breakfast, so I've gone to making "an omelette in a mug." My favorite is a Denver omelette. It has 155 calories & 23 grams of protein. I often make a 1-1/2 times recipe & it keeps me full for a good 3-4 hours.

Peppers - Sweet, green, raw, 2 tbsp
    Onion - Red or Yellow Onion, Raw , 1 tbsp
    Tomato - Grape 3, 6 tomatoes (2 oz)
    Diced Mushrooms
    Eggbeaters (Low Gi Index) - Egg Beaters, 0.5 cup
    Cumberland Gap - Lean Diced Ham, 1 oz (56g)
    Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese - Sharp Cheddar 2% Milk, 2 tbsp

Spray a large mug with Pam, then add veggies & microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes. Add Egg Beaters & stir, microwave for 1 minute. Add ham & cheese, stir, then microwave an additional 30 seconds. It's quick & delicious. I cheat & buy the already cut-up fresh veggies from the produce section of the grocery store. If you google "Hungry Girl Egg Mug," you'll find several entries to her site for other egg mug recipes. She has 12-15 different recipes (Mexican, French, etc.) depending on what you like. I start with a basic & add all my favorite ingredients. You can put "your" recipe in the recipe app on here or save under the "quick tools," which make it easy to add the whole breakfast with a simple click. Nothing could be easier, when you're rushing out the door for work!

By the way, Bed, Bath & Beyond has a line of microwave containers, which are fantastic! The brand is Sistema. They make both a cup & a bowl that works perfectly for this recipe. What I like about that brand is they are heavy grade plastic & have vented lids. The lids also lock into place, which makes them convenient to store & carry foods to work. They also make 2 different sizes of steamer baskets for fresh veggies. Convenient & VERY user friendly for microwaving food without having to clean-up a splattered mess in the microwave. Anyone who has a Meijer store around, they also carry the Sistema brand.
  • Petri1686
    Petri1686 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For a LOW-CALORIE breakfast I usually make an omelet.

Ingredients:
    Egg Beaters Three Cheese 9 Tablespoons - - - 75 Calories -You can use any flavor, they are all very low in calories---
    Birds Eye Recipe Ready - Tri Color Pepper & Onion Blend 80 Grams ( 3/4 cup) - - - -20 Calories
    Eckrich - Smok-Y Breakfast Sausage Turkey, 2 links - - - - 90 Calories - - -

Total Calories - 185

You can always use more or less of the ingredients.
    Egg Beaters are 3 Tablespoons at 25 calories. I usually use 3 servings.
    The Bird's Eye recipe ready blends are in the frozen food section.