Nutritious Evening Meal on the run!!

Options
Hi Everyone

Has anyone got any good ideas for a pre prepared quick meal on the go?

I will soon be taking a second job and will have one hour to get from my day job to my evening job and don’t want to take a sandwich when I will have had one of those at lunch time. It needs to be something I can prepare quickly either the night before or in the morning and something I can eat in my car before I arrive at my second job. I have use of a fridge at my first job.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Replies

• Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Possible to have your main meal at lunchtime? Soup, stew, if you can heat it up. Quiche for cold.
  • Wendyp2011
    Wendyp2011 Posts: 14
    Options
    I could do but I have found that if I have a main meal at lunchtime I get sleepy/lethargic in the office in the afternoon! Hopefully that won't happen in the evening lol.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    How about meatloaf muffins? I've made meatloaf in muffin tins before, and my husband had a really good recipe for turkey meatloaf muffins in one of his muscle magazines. They reheat pretty nicely. So, say on Sunday, you could make a batch and freeze them. Then you could grab one or two out, they'd defrost in the fridge at work. Nuke them before you leave, then munch in the parking lot at your second job. Grab an apple and some carrot sticks or something on the side. You could probably do the same thing with eggs, make a quiche muffin type thing. Otherwise, salads or wraps would be decent choices as well. As was previously suggested, you could switch up your lunch, make something heartier or different. Then, you could do a sandwich for dinner.
  • Wendyp2011
    Wendyp2011 Posts: 14
    Options
    That's a great idea thanks. Never thought of blasting something in the microwave at work before I leave, it will be just the right temperature to eat when I stop for a break.
  • BrookeCalexander
    BrookeCalexander Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the slow cooker, especially in winter. If you have a thermos you can fill with hot food in the morning (microwave) and it should still be warm for the evening. If I'm out and I'm stuck for something my fail safe is bbq chicken from coles/ Woolworth's and salad. Sometimes if you go in the late afternoon their quarter chickens are marked down so you can get a meal for around $5
  • LouLou_2013
    Options
    Mcdonalds
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    Leaving a few left over from the night before. I usually do that
    Or frubes!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Freeze a smoothie, let it defrost at work and drink on the way to your job

If I actually need to eat in the car I will have a protein bar and fruit/ veggies

Possibly a bunch of healthy portable snacks instead of a meal: trail mix, dried fruit, cheese, etc.