30 Day Shred...Starting tomorrow

Options

Replies

• hottopicfitness
    hottopicfitness Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yoga this morning ... I couldn't bring myself to hear Jillian. I will try to do her tonight.!
  • Joe7178
    Joe7178 Posts: 105
    Options
    remember why you started..
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Day 3 tonight for me :)
  • ericthirdrow
    ericthirdrow Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Plan on starting this on Monday after camping this weekend... I'm a bigger dude, was thinking I'd start with a minimum of 5-pound weights. Is that going to kick my *kitten*? I bet it does, but that's the point, right?
  • Need2lose456
    Need2lose456 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Plan on starting this on Monday after camping this weekend... I'm a bigger dude, was thinking I'd start with a minimum of 5-pound weights. Is that going to kick my *kitten*? I bet it does, but that's the point, right?

3 pounds should be fine, might b a bit light for you! My hubby is also doing it with me and he is using 3kg weights which is 6.6 pounds! And he definitely feels it but after just 2 days he says that he can already feel his strength getting better!
  • tannats
    tannats Posts: 1
    Options
    Just did my first day of level 1. Great workout, excited to see the results in 29 more days
  • sashjhb
    sashjhb Posts: 2 Member
    Options

3 pounds should be fine, might b a bit light for you! My hubby is also doing it with me and he is using 3kg weights which is 6.6 pounds! And he definitely feels it but after just 2 days he says that he can already feel his strength getting better!

Yep definitely collecting a whipping but very worth the effort! I have tried Hip Hop abs before and it was a walk in the park! Would be cool if couple of the guys can be some added support and to talk about the workout as well as other tips and tricks.

Add me!
    Sash
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    Hi everyone, just some motivation....I started the Shred about 4.5 weeks ago (I take weekends off so its a 6 week program at that rate) and am on L3, D3 today....It gets better and your body definitely changes in strength, endurance and muscle tone.

Stick with it and you won't regret it by the end!
  • hottopicfitness
    Options
    Day 8 done
  • ericthirdrow
    ericthirdrow Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Yep definitely collecting a whipping but very worth the effort! I have tried Hip Hop abs before and it was a walk in the park! Would be cool if couple of the guys can be some added support and to talk about the workout as well as other tips and tricks.

Add me!
    Sash

Done. I'd start sooner but the fiance' and I are going on a camping trip this weekend and won't have DVD access. We bought some weights and the DVD... it's game on come Monday.
  • sashjhb
    sashjhb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dig Deeeep! I admit, she kicked my *kitten*!
  • Mamafood
    Mamafood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The squats with the fly what's it called thingy ... Bringing the weights together in a v shape to eye height (think its level 2 .... I mix the levels to save boredom) are KILLING me :-s

Could be my tennis elbow

Pleeeeaase someone else tell me they find them hard?!?!?!
  • hottopicfitness
    Options
    Day 9 done.. I hate her voice now. I'm repeating everything she says...
  • rachb26
    rachb26 Posts: 7
    Options

I am doing 3kg weights at the moment and they are a killer! The only other ones I have are 2lb and not heavy enough! But muscles are deffo feeling the pump!
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. It hasn't been perfect for me. I have been trying to do it every day, but Jillian is kicking me butt. It does get better as you go. I am Level 3 Day 6.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The squats with the fly what's it called thingy ... Bringing the weights together in a v shape to eye height (think its level 2 .... I mix the levels to save boredom) are KILLING me :-s

Could be my tennis elbow

Pleeeeaase someone else tell me they find them hard?!?!?!

These are horrible...I use 3lb weights for the first set...no weight for 2nd set and I am stil grunting.

As for her voice I lower the volume and put some music on...just makes it hard sometimes to know when to switch exercise.
  • randomgirlusa
    randomgirlusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I finished day 3 last night. After the first two workouts, I was high on life. Today, I want to hurt someone. Not really. Just not feeling it today. I'm going to let myself sleep in tomorrow, plus I have a yoga class in the afternoon. If that doesn't make me feel better, I don't know what will LOL. Not giving up though. Thanks for creating this topic.
  • hottopicfitness
    Options
    Day 10 done
  • katezx
    katezx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    starting level 2 today!
  • TwinMom422
    TwinMom422 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this today when I get home. Also doing C25k. Have to do my 20 min run this week. Joy.