C25K Day 1

Options
_Resolve_
_Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
I think this might be a NSV, I started C25K this morning... holy crap.. I can run!? It's been at least 15 years since ive even tried to run but I did it.. day 1 done!

Replies

• frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ha! i thought the same thing when i did it!! good job you! :smile:
  • eddierichardson73
    eddierichardson73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I loved the C25k app. That's how I got started on my weight loss journey. Good luck and have fun getting back in shape!!

-Laura
  • HalfFullMe
    HalfFullMe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Good for you! I was just looking at the C25K program yesterday debating if I have it in me to run. Are you using the app and if so, how do you like it?
  • _Resolve_
    Options
    I am using the app, it was easy to figure out and i just started it up and kept it running on the treadmill so I could see the timer. Day 1 was a 5 min warm up brisk walk then 60 seconds running followed by 90 seconds walking for 20 minutes. The only down side is I have an HTC phone so I had my ipod, cell phone and water jug with me ... lots of cargo for the gym :-)
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I am using the app, it was easy to figure out and i just started it up and kept it running on the treadmill so I could see the timer. Day 1 was a 5 min warm up brisk walk then 60 seconds running followed by 90 seconds walking for 20 minutes. The only down side is I have an HTC phone so I had my ipod, cell phone and water jug with me ... lots of cargo for the gym :-)

Arm straps are the way to go. You'll look a bit cyber-tastic, but it'll keep your hands free lol
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thats a GREAT NSV!! I'm like you in that I havent ran since high school - will be completing week 2 day 1 tonight. I definitely feel a sense of accomplishment when I complete the days.

Great job :happy:
  • chinalavy
    chinalavy Posts: 104
    Options
    Today I'm at second week day 3 . Congrats for starting is so rewarding :smile:
  • _Resolve_
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You'll be amazed at how fast you become a "runner"!

Also just a word for the future, don't ever be afraid to repeat a day/week :) I love C25k. Good luck!
  • larissaferraz
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of week 3 last night and that was a tough, but honestly it gets easier. When I used to be 183 Lbs. I could barely walk one mile without breaking a sweat and almost pass out. Now 31 Lbs. lighter I jog faster, for longer and I enjoy it.
    I use the C25k with my RunKeeper app at the same time so I know the time and my pace.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I am doing it also and just finished day 1 of week 4.

I used day 1 week 1 for my 5k on Fathers Day weekend and had my best time.

Good luck to you and keep it up.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of week 3 last night and that was a tough, but honestly it gets easier. When I used to be 183 Lbs. I could barely walk one mile without breaking a sweat and almost pass out. Now 31 Lbs. lighter I jog faster, for longer and I enjoy it.
    I use the C25k with my RunKeeper app at the same time so I know the time and my pace.

I do the same thing with C25K and runkeeper. Works great.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, what a great NSV! I started the C25K app by zen labs, got into about week 3, had an injury & just started over again. I wasn’t feeling the app again (most likely because it felt like I was going backwards) so, this time I started using the Zombies run c25k trainer, it’s a lot of fun & has me looking forward to the next run day.
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am week 3 day 1
    I am shocked at my ability!
    Happy for you!
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting! It gets easier from here! I started the C25K program back in November. It was the most empowering thing I've done yet. I was never a runner before and when I finished the program I cried. I now run 3 days a week consistently (among other things for exercise) and it has changed my body and strength immeasurably.
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i tried to search for it on my phone and there were 3-4 of the apps with the same name and different developers .... so exactly which one do i need?
  • annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i tried to search for it on my phone and there were 3-4 of the apps with the same name and different developers .... so exactly which one do i need?

Zen-Labs is the best one, i think. You can also use the Pandora app in the background while you are doing the C25K app - that's what I do!
  • 4everwannabethin
    4everwannabethin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! The first three days were the hardest for me ....I got done with week 2 and got a massive sinus infection so now I have to start all over when I can breath again! Happy to see so many others doing C25K!
  • karbo12
    karbo12 Posts: 1
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!