Temptation...

Options
RN514
RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
Ugh. Rough week at work.

Right now I just want 32oz of coffee with tons of sugar, a sausage biscuit from Hardee's (499 calories, I think), plus a chocolate chip muffin. Yesterday I was just wanting to snack on something all day -like I used to, unhealthy snacks. I'm an emotional eater. When I get stressed or irritated I just want to eat. I've been able to resist since April for the most part. I've had a few days of slip ups, but I feel WAY more than just a slip up coming.

Sigh...I didn't wake up early enough to get on the elliptical before work and I was so fed up that I skipped my bike ride last night too, I think that may be what's up.

I'm pretty sure I could knock out a box of Cheese-Its today...this morning actually.

Instead, I'll just put on my scrubs and go play super nurse for 12hrs...praying for a better day!

How do y'all deal with temptations?

Replies

• YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I get up and move. I realized that after I walk/run/jog/whatever, the food item I was craving just doesn't look as good....
  • Jennms85
    Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Pull out some old pictures that you HATE of yourself pre weightloss and ask yourself, "is temporary satisfaction worth it?"
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I only take to work the food I want/plan to eat, and immediately log it on MFP, together with what Ive already had and what I plan for when I get home. I add my exercise calories. Then I see if there's some calories over. Then I log wine for the evening.:drinker:

I like to leave about 200 calories for cups of tea and something chocolatey in the evening. Any time I fancy something else - like if someone has left cakes in the staff room - I check my totals and look up the calories. Then I go back to work :grumble: :laugh:
  • shelialou66
    Options
    I work nights and the food is horrible in the cafeteria. I carry my lunch and plan what I am eating. It seems that there is always food on the unit, so I have to be vigilant. I know that many times, I am too busy to eat, so I keep a protein bar or shake in my nurse bag. I do have a cup of coffee during the night, but I always have sugar free creamer. I feel your pain and understand your plight 100%.
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Since I was driving alone this morning, the temptation to stop at Panera for a Cheese Bagel with cream cheese was so tempting. I made sure I was in the far lane when I drove past. That wasn't how I wanted to start the day. I do treat myself in the evening when I have made allowances for the treat. Sometimes you just have to say NO __ I won't do it.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If I knew I wanted to eat some junk at 500+ cals then I'd have a few options:
    - I'd do it. I know it's an hours+ walk (or some other exercise) for me, so I go do that :P
    - I check my log to see if I can fit it in with the workouts I've been doing.
    - I go over - once in a while doesn't hurt my progress
    Or - I don't bother with it and ignore the temptation till it goes away.

Either of those options are good for me, so it just depends on my mood.