What made you change ? Goals

Options
Hey all ,
For me it's the fact the size jeans I got and promised I would never go bigger are getting tight :sad: and also the fact I hate seeing pictures of myself :blushing: . I am finding Sat nights when getting ready to go out I'm near tears as hate what I'm seeing in the mirror and this is affecting who I am very much .
So what was the light bulb moment for you ?
How are you using this to reach your goal ? :smile:

Replies

• LenaCara
    LenaCara Posts: 8
    Options
    My life slowed down with the step kids on summer vacation and me not being daily childcare for our grandson. Now I can actually go to bed at 10pm and be up by 5 for my morning workout. I also really want to get pregnant and want to be as healthy as possible before taking it on.
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have noticed since having our Toddler that I take so many pictures of him and his dad, but I am in noe. I want to be in the pictures too and not feel like the wale out of water. Plus we would really like to have another, and I would like to get as healthy as I can before going forward with that. I just think about our Toddler and it makes me want to work harder to be better for him, so I can be around for a long time, most likely driving him crazy! :)
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    After Christmas when my cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure was all bad and I was in a 36 waist jeans. Looked and felt horrible. Just decided enough...and I ain't going back!
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    i am on the borderline of being a diabetic so i had to lose weight because of that but also my hubby has bought me some very nice sexy clothes and when i try them on i don't like what i see so i want to look good in those clothes and yes it is hard work but i know it will be all worth it in the end.
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey all ,
    For me it's the fact the size jeans I got and promised I would never go bigger are getting tight :sad: and also the fact I hate seeing pictures of myself :blushing: . I am finding Sat nights when getting ready to go out I'm near tears as hate what I'm seeing in the mirror and this is affecting who I am very much .

I'm with you. Getting ready to go out was not an enjoyable experience. Also, my boyfriend's sister got married and I really wanted to look good in my dress but I felt huge and cried when I was putting it on. :sad:

I hated feeling like that. I've lost 17lbs so far (around 7 - 14 to go) and I already feel so much better when I'm getting ready for a night out!
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I saw my reflection from all sides in a full length 3-way dressing room mirror. It was terrible- I had fooled myself into thinking things weren't THAT bad because my bathroom mirror is from the belly button up and I could ignore the changes that were happening. Pants barely fit, shirts looked terrible, bra bands too tight. Seeing myself in that way reminded me of the times I'd be able to flip the switch, eat better, put a little effort into exercise and what a world of difference it made. I am also fueled by the fact that when I eat better, so do my children- a lot less convenience food and a lot less restaurant food.
  • stevepax
    stevepax Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey all ,

Hah, I bought my "last pair of jeans, never going to get bigger than this I swear" at size 36, 38, and 40, before I finally turned it around. I'm wearing 34 right now, quite comfortably, and I'm quite happy about it. Also, I never wanted to be in pictures before, and I had a trip to Europe planned and didn't want to do that once-in-a-lifetime trip and spend the whole time avoiding pictures, or spend the rest of my life looking at pictures and hating them, so I wanted to be reasonably thinner before we went. And now I have hundreds of pictures and I don't even mind if someone else happens to see a photo with me in it!