I need help to lose 100 +

Options
2»

Replies

• daisymae850
    daisymae850 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Its really sad that your family laughs at you, but we will be there for you every step of the way :) Set mini goals for yourself, thats the easiest way.

I started at 297 and am now at 267, my first goal for myself was 270 (27 pounds) and I hit that last week and was so happy! It took me like 6-7 weeks to hit that number, makes it easier to deal with than dealing with thinking about losing over 100 pounds at once! My next mini goal is 50 pounds and that's only 20 pounds away! Not so scary that way :)
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    2Trips, ignore the negativity from others. Learn to encourage and motivate yourself. You've taken the first couple of steps ... joining MFP and asking for help. Lots of posts and good advice given by many MFP folks. Add some as friends, join the 100+ group, provide encouraging feedback to others ... this will help you in turn.

Take full advantage of MFP. Fill out the profile completely. Change settings to make your diary viewable and update your diet profile. Honestly log every bite you put in mouth and water you drink. Read Success Stories to help encourage yourself.

There are several ways you can encourage yourself (in addition to all the good ideas suggested by others) --

1) Look in mirror each day - Smile - and say "I'm proud of myself because ..... a) followed plan; or b) drank all my water; or c) took kid for walk in park. Find something each day for which you can be proud and look at yourself and say it.

2) Talk positive to yourself ... eliminate the negativity that's holding you back. If you find yourself say "it's too hard" ... tell yourself "I know it's hard but by taking baby steps I CAN do this"!!

3) Find something to laugh about each day. If you need to go to You Tube and watch funny videos. I like Redneck Comedy Tour and Bill Engvall is a favorite. Jeanne Robertson is a big favorite as well.

4) Get outside every day. Go for a walk. Take your kid to the park and play! Walk to the corner store instead of driving, Just get outside. It helps to keep depression at bay.

5) Check your wall on the MY Home tab. Look for posts from your friends and post encouraging comments to them to help support them in their efforts. Be a regular poster in your 100+ group.

6) Eat fresh food. Eliminate prepackaged, frozen, etc. It's healthier for you and your family. You can control the salt, etc.

7) Play fun music ---- and Dance! Sing and dance with your kid ... they'll love it!

Most importantly, do not beat yourself up over yesterday. Today is a new day ... each and every day. And we can start over each day and make it a good one.

Best of Luck! :flowerforyou: