Swim Challenge for motivation!

Options
Hi there!

In the past I have been on and off diet and exercise plans like a yoyo! I'm not a heavy person but I am at my all time heaviest. So I joined the gym as usual and after swimming for the first time in years I am hooked!

I then came across a website that is doing a channel swim for charity, It's 22 miles in 12 weeks, in your own pool at your own pace, I am amazed at how joining up to this has motivated me,

If you enjoy swimming and need that extra push to keep motivated, this is a fab idea and your helping people along the way!

I am hoping this gets the half stone off me that I want rid of and secretly hoping you'll all take a look and support my goal!

http://www.aspirechannelswim.co.uk/KatyP

:tongue: :blushing:

Replies

• skinnymayra35
    Options
    Katy:

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.... I actually started TODAY for the first time learning how to swim (strokes) with a an instructor and I loved it.

I would love to do this, but, I see that it's for the UK...I am in the US....does anyone know if this would applay for me or if there is something else?

Thanks!

Mayra
  • KatyP29
    KatyP29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Mayra

I would assume that as you can do this at your own pace and own pool that you can do this anywhere, but it may be worth e-mailing Aspire to see if they send the sponsorship packs outside of the UK, (swim@aspire.org.uk)

You could try looking around to see if there are other ways of getting involved in a challenge more localised to yourself?

Another idea I plan to use once I have finished this is to set up something by myself, If you use the site www.justgiving.com you can set up your own challenge and choose which charity you would like to help, which means you could do it for someone or a charity close to your heart which I would only imagine motivates you even more!

Let me know how you get on, I am now 6 miles into the swim in 2.5 weeks! So pleased with myself, Just waiting for it to show on the scales now...

:laugh:
  • KatyP29
    KatyP29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options