5'9 women. 140#?

Options
13»

Replies

• i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I too am 5'9" and "small boned" though my hands are big enough that gloves don't usually fit and I cannot slip a bracelet over them (grrr...no bangles!). All through high school and college I was in the teens and 20s - really thin and active but not much muscle and not too skinny where people thought I was sick. When I married I was 135 but didn't feel like I was in great shape - again no definition in my arms or abs. Pregnant with my son I crept up to 200 and was miserable. The weight took a long time to come off an I was terribly depressed and felt horrible about myself. Running was/is my secret weapon for losing weight and keeping it off, but I hate it! I don't get the runners high that you hear about.

I also do circuit training - the Jillian Michaels workouts - which are freakin' hard!!! Last year I was down to 132 and LOVED it! There is always a little voice in my head that says "hmmmmm....if this is good what would I look like a little lower?" but my main goal is to be fit and muscular and not have to give up the wine and friday night pizza that makes life worth living. In my profile pic I am 138. I am trying to get down to 133/134 again which is a good range and not impossible to maintain. I think the key is finding where you feel fit, beautiful and can maintain the weight without being miserable. I never trust people who say "You look great! Why do you need to lose the weight?" because they are usually the same people that push you to have another drink, another cookie, etc The one person I would trust on that would be my doctor - if he said I was too thin I would listen up.
  • makobeach
    makobeach Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 5'9 and 140- the heaviest I have ever been and I feel so fat and disgusting. I was 119 at christmas and I want to be that again but I am finding it hard to keep up the motivation.. I need help losing weight as quickly as possible, any recomendations? also obviously my profile pic is when i was 119 and not a whole 20 pounds heavier that I am now!
  • portofmorrow
    portofmorrow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", and I currently weight 150lbs. I would like to be between 140-145lbs. I don't really want to be "toned" either, as someone above mentioned. I just want to be thin - but still healthy looking. My family gives me gripe too. They're all overweight and anyone without a good bit of fat cushion looks "unhealthy" to them - lol.
  • NavyWifeTwinMom
    NavyWifeTwinMom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my profile pic is from today at 141 lbs. I range between 138 and 145 depending on my goals at the time. Truly though, the scale is evil and should be avoided often!
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    I could have wrote this myself!! Im 5'9, uncle is 7ft, and my smallest weight was 170ish when i was 16YO. everything thinks ill look nasty sick any smaller then that.
    i looked at pics from that weight and i tend to agree (for me personally). but i could have done some toning for sure! but i agree- it could just be the fat girl talking.

i guess i said that to say im following this post. lol
  • rachiefofo
    rachiefofo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am about 5"8 1/2 and currently weight 157ish. I started around 160... My goal is to get down to 150! Consistency is KEY!!! That is the only way I have seen results.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, I started at 220 after I had my daughter and I currently weigh around 135.

I'm the one in the bikini ;)

014edit2_zps17cf3f07.jpg
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    I am 5 eight and a half, with a large frame (7" wrists and wide shoulders) and this pic is me at 138. I looked thin at 150 in high school, but I am just not that muscular in my late 30's, so when I hit 150 this time, I was still fat, so I kept going.
    I look SAF (skinny as ****) at 138ish, but I am surprised by the fact that I could go even lower. I still have fat areas.

(138 in this pic and in profile pic)

ajwdmx.jpg
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    LOL@my giant pic and that face I am making! I never noticed it in a smaller size viewing window. HA!
  • bccashleyiverson
    Options
    I'm 5'8", last year I was down to 135 and looked to thin. I've gained 20 lbs back since then, and am trying to lose it, but in a healthier way and be lean instead of skinny. Depending on your body type it might be just fine. The way I'm built my hip bones and ribs stuck out. Having 140 as a goal isn't a bad thing, but make sure you pay attention to how you look and stop losing weight when you look the way you want to, instead of forcing your body to get down to 140 if it doesn't need to be.
    Sorry, no pic :(
  • P3tra_H
    P3tra_H Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and 139 lbs and do not look or feel too skinny. I'm not so much looking to loose more weight but to get toned.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my GW is 140lbs.
    I got as low as 155 about a year ago and then backslid to where i'm at now....ugh, so i'm re-starting LOL
    but essentially I would love to end up between 140-145 & i won't stop until I get there :)
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Best Advice I ever got was to ignore the scale. Eat as healthy as possible, work out (I am discovering the AWESOMENESS of lifting weights.) Track your body fat percentage.
    The stronger I get the less body fat I have and the better I look BUT the number on the scale does not budge (Or goes up a little) That's ok! Muscle is heavy and small. The number doesn't mean much...I have seen shorter girls that weigh 150 who are very small and tight. You would guess them at 115 or so...
    I am SO much happier and more fit since I started strength training. (Plus it only takes about an hour a day 3 times a week...add in some biking/hiking/ rock-climbing and yoga and you don't have to be in the gym forever to look awesome!)
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, 137 pounds. I wear either a size 4 or 6, depending on cut.

7610fe19-9515-40b0-81c4-076a92b1652d_zps8c91c65a.jpg
  • amomofboys79
    Options
    My first go around with MFP I got my lowest ever as an adult at 149 (everyone thought I was ill). I was a size 6 and 5'8 1/2ish. I got lazy and gained back some weight...My maintance goal this time around is 160-165..more realistic for me, but everyone is differemt.
  • sarajeanelles
    sarajeanelles Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I currently weigh 153 and would like to get back down to 145, my pre-baby weight. I have lost 15 lbs since starting MFP in mid April but seem to be kind of stuck at 153 these last few weeks. I guess these last 7 or so lbs really are the hardest to lose. I think I'm pretty average boned, and my lowest weight was in high school at about 120. I was clinically anorexic, eating only about 100 cals a day. I would never do that again, and was just being a silly young girl and obsessing over being 'fat'. I think I look best at 145 though. I go to the gym 5 days a week, doing spin class and weight lifting. I was definitely too heavy after having my daughter and hovering at 165-168 but I'm feeling much better now at 153 and now I'm just trying to get these last few darn pounds off. Good luck.
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh just under 120. I'm happy with where I am at and just hoping to maintain.
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    I'm 5'10, 137 pounds. I wear either a size 4 or 6, depending on cut.

7610fe19-9515-40b0-81c4-076a92b1652d_zps8c91c65a.jpg

Daaammmn, Girl! You are lean!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options

Daaammmn, Girl! You are lean!

Thank you!