do your MFP friends cheer bad food choices?

Options

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    In for Pop Tarts and Fried Chicken!
    I need to try those chocolate PB poptarts...

Surprisingly (considering the fact that I'm a chocolate fiend), I like the plain peanut butter ones better. They are like a big peanut butter cookie with peanut butter filling.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    In for Pop Tarts and Fried Chicken!
    I need to try those chocolate PB poptarts...

Surprisingly (considering the fact that I'm a chocolate fiend), I like the plain peanut butter ones better. They are like a big peanut butter cookie with peanut butter filling.

Where are these peanut butter and PB+chocolate poptarts you people are discussing? I have never seen those available in our stores here in Dallas. If we had them my husband would be freaking out :laugh:
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    they cheer cause they're jealous. I've refrained from posting about eating what you see below the last couple nights just to keep the hate off of my page:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnK7zITibbsn7ZBGyoM5WDFnDElDFQdwnbW9Ok0zL56fhcqPP3aQ

My ice cream of choice these days is the Girl Scout Thin Mint kind. :happy:
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm debating posting this yet - usually it's not until page 3 or 4 where the trolls have had their fill and the serious comments begin...

Yes, my friends will often support my occassional bad habit - I've had comments like, "Only one beer? Bummer..." or "Man that cake sounds amazing!" But I've chosen my friends because they're ones who take things a bit more realistically - they understand that we can't be perfect all the time, and that sometimes after a wicked day at the office, a cold, robust beer is just what the doctor ordered.

Now, if you're one of those who needs to be chastised for every gram of sugar, then so be it - kindly don't bother me with a friend invite... But I for one welcome my friends who understand that sometimes, a Krispy Kreme doughnut makes yesterday's heart-healthy salad "worth it."

The end.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    "Had room in my calories for ice cream!" = YAY!

"Got depressed and ate a half-gallon of ice cream." = Sorry you had a tough time of it. Tomorrow's a new day.
    This^^^
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    There is no good. There is no bad.

There is only food.

I ate ice cream yesterday. It fit into my calories so I 'indulged'. Yes, a friend commented on it, but I think a lot of people are still under the mindset that you can't have a treat now and again.
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options

"Got depressed and ate a half-gallon of ice cream." = Sorry you had a tough time of it. Tomorrow's a new day.

Could not have said it better!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    If they are under there calories and learning to make good decisions about portion size..yes i do! If they want 1/2 cup of icecream or a piece of cake every now and then so be it. This is life..like you will never eat ice cake, fries, etc. in your whole life.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Pizza, bacon, burgers, ice cream, cake...I see nothing wrong with these! See no evil, eat no evil...

Now, what are these "bad food choices" you speak of?
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I always cheer for delicious food that fits people's goals.

And wut's a "bad" food?
  • andthenwhatjen
    andthenwhatjen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    cheer on people who enjoy food and still meet their goals?

blasphemy! Sabotage!

Love it!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of a fine line. Myself, like most people I assume, believe in the "everything in moderation" approach. When someone is like "Just had some pie. BOOM" I'm like "sweet". However, if someone is like "why am I not losing weight?! GRRR!" and I look at their diary and it looks like absolute crap every day, I'm going to suggest that they try to cut down on the foods showing up repeatedly in their diary with empty calories and add more veggies and lean protein, etc.
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Could not have said it better!

Exactly how my friends are and how i respond to them. I think picking healthy options not on a random day but on many consecutive days is admirable, i still can't do it LOL so i think trying is effort enough to be cheered on. That being said, my friends on MFP are probably THE BEST out there, I forget how many times they just say the right word at the right time.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Eh, I'm not anyone's baby-sitter. We're all adults, and we make our own decisions. I look at people's diaries generally to see what their intake was and what their macros were, and if it's someone who knows how to eat, I look at their food to see if there are any ideas I can steal. I'm not going to cheer people on for making consistently bad choices, but I'm not going to scold people for eating cookies either. Who the hell am I?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    No food choice is bad.
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    Not sure if my diary is made public, but I am guilty of perusing my friend's diaries, if not for some motivation or food/recipe ideas!!!! And I do notice when some friends of friends do cheer them on sometimes when they do make unhealthy choices lol it is what it is.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My friends cheer delicious food choices, if that's what you mean.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    "A" bad food choice isn't that bad. It's more the quantity or more importantly the frequency of them. It's better to look at food through the Michi's Ladder. The more you have foods on the top two tier, the better off your food intake will be. If someone is doing right 90% of the time, they are probably going to have success anyway. Just my $.02.

Michi's Ladder
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/media/pages/ladder/
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of a fine line. Myself, like most people I assume, believe in the "everything in moderation" approach. When someone is like "Just had some pie. BOOM" I'm like "sweet". However, if someone is like "why am I not losing weight?! GRRR!" and I look at their diary and it looks like absolute crap every day, I'm going to suggest that they try to cut down on the foods showing up repeatedly in their diary with empty calories and add more veggies and lean protein, etc.

Yes, this. I'm impressed if people eat 100% perfectly all the time. I'm also mpressed if people can fit a tiny treat in now and again and still lose weight. Of course, if someone's diary is full of crap day in day out then I might comment on that if asked.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Where are these peanut butter and PB+chocolate poptarts you people are discussing? I have never seen those available in our stores here in Dallas. If we had them my husband would be freaking out :laugh:

I FINALLY found mine at Super Target!!!