Turbofire

Options
jaina08
jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
For those of you who have completed/are currently doing turbofire, when did you start seeing some results? I just finished 2 weeks of it and I have no changes in my body or any weight loss. Pretty discouraging or is it too early to see progress? I blame my terrible eating habits.... Do you think I will see small changes after month 1?

Replies

• tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    For those of you who have completed/are currently doing turbofire, when did you start seeing some results? I just finished 2 weeks of it and I have no changes in my body or any weight loss. Pretty discouraging or is it too early to see progress? I blame my terrible eating habits.... Do you think I will see small changes after month 1?

If you have terrible eating habits as you say, you will see almost no change. You can't out-exercise a bad diet.
    Your program should have come with a nutrition plan. Check it out.
  • rolemodel69
    rolemodel69 Posts: 365
    Options
    Read the nutrition plan and follow it. Nutrition is 80% of the results. Like Tacguy said you can't out-exercice a bad diet.

If your goal is to lose weight, you need to have your calorie intake lower than your maintenance level so your body can burn fat but not too low so you fall into starvation mode.

Let me know if you need help with your program ( im a beachbody coach)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You'll need to follow some sort of healthy eating regime to get results. Broken record here, but you can't out-exercise a bad diet. It's definitely the truth. You don't have to stick to the nutrition plan provided, but follow the MFP guidlines and keep plugging away at it. You'll eventually see some results, but until you start eating right, you're really ruining your own progress.
  • jaina08
    Options
    There is a meal plan with turbofire but I don't know if I really want to follow it. I'll try but make a few changes with it to make it easier for me. Hopefully in the next two weeks I'll lose at least a couple of pounds once I change my eating habits.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    You don't have to use the recipe in the nutrition plan and follow it but you need to have the right calorie intake and get your macros-nutrients right too.

What is your current calorie intake??

Did you calculate how many calorie you need or you are going with the default MFP value?
  • jaina08
    Options
    You don't have to use the recipe in the nutrition plan and follow it but you need to have the right calorie intake and get your macros-nutrients right too.

What is your current calorie intake??

Did you calculate how many calorie you need or you are going with the default MFP value?

1550 calories, it's the default MFP value.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    What is your age, weight and height??

Also did you take your measurements and pictures before starting the program or are you just relying on the scale to track your progress??
  • jaina08
    Options
    What is your age, weight and height??

Also did you take your measurements and pictures before starting the program or are you just relying on the scale to track your progress??

I'm 20, 128 lbs and 5'1. I did take measurements and pictures. I actually gained 2 lbs today... Which is even more frustrating.
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hey! I did the turbofire prep schedule from late November to late January (it's only 9 weeks), and I started to feel better almost immediately. Using my HRM, I burned about 600 calories for every Fire 45/55, and between 200-400 for all of the other workouts (ESPECIALLY the hiits). I lost about 7 pounds over the two months, and gained a lot of motivation.

Right now I'm doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, and should be finished with that in mid-July, but I definitely want to do TF again when I'm done with this.

If you haven't signed up at teambeachbody.com, I'd suggest going there and to the message boards they have - the people there have pretty much all done the workouts, and you can get a lot of good feedback from them on what they liked and what they didn't... For instance, I got help on shoes and workout bras =)
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Okay your calorie intake is not that bad, you could be a little lower though. I would try to aim for 1400 calories per day and try to get macros along the line of 40% protein / 40% Carbs / 20% Fat.

Check your calorie intake and try to be as close as possible to your goal and not go over it.

Put away the scale for now and focus on your measurements and getting your nutrition right. It is pretty common for girl to have some water retention when starting a new program and that reflect by gaining weight on the scale.

You need 3500 calories over your maintenance level to gain 1 pound of fat, so don't worry unless you have eaten 9000 calories yesterday, those 2 pounds are not fat but water.
  • jaina08
    Options
    Okay your calorie intake is not that bad, you could be a little lower though. I would try to aim for 1400 calories per day and try to get macros along the line of 40% protein / 40% Carbs / 20% Fat.

Check your calorie intake and try to be as close as possible to your goal and not go over it.

Put away the scale for now and focus on your measurements and getting your nutrition right. It is pretty common for girl to have some water retention when starting a new program and that reflect by gaining weight on the scale.

You need 3500 calories over your maintenance level to gain 1 pound of fat, so don't worry unless you have eaten 9000 calories yesterday, those 2 pounds are not fat but water.

Okay thanks for the help! :)
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    No problem ! Let me know if you have any questions related to Beachbody products. If you need support or motivation, i would be happy to help you!

Have a good day and keep pushing play!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have a few days left of the program. I have seen great results. Lost 20 pounds and tons of inches and am so much stronger. I set my calories to 1350 and eat back exercise calories. This puts me at a 500 cal deficit per day. I have my macros set to 40 carb 30 protein and 30 fat. Turbo Fire is great! You get out what you put in though. That goes for pretty much any program. Good luck!
  • KKWilson
    KKWilson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree with everyone's comments about your food choices. I completed all 20 weeks of the TurboFire program, including the Advanced Series. My diet was about 60/40, with making good choices 60% of the time. I ended up losing 13 lbs and 20 inches overall. I was pleased with my progress, but know that if I had been more strict about nutrition my results would have been much better.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Oh yeah i didn't thought of that. Don't add any exercice in your diary! You need to eat 1400 calories NET and you don't want to add back the calories you burned with your workout. You need to eat 1400 calories TOTAL per day.

Just thought i would reply back with this as if you eat 1400 calories calories and eat the burned calories back you wont lose weight.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I lost 18lbs during the 12 week program and another 6lbs during the 8 week advanced classes. Most of the weight loss came at the very beginning and very end of the program, not a lot in the middle. I started at 1200 cals/day (per MFP recommendation) but then I hit a plateau and increased my calories to about 1500. Even though I wasn't losing a lot of weight or inches, there were definite changes in my body, especially muscle definition in my upper body (and I didn't even do the Tone or Sculpt workouts). Get your diet under control and I bet you'll start noticing a difference.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah i didn't thought of that. Don't add any exercice in your diary! You need to eat 1400 calories NET and you don't want to add back the calories you burned with your workout. You need to eat 1400 calories TOTAL per day.

Just thought i would reply back with this as if you eat 1400 calories calories and eat the burned calories back you wont lose weight.

Yes I agree with him on the cals as well. I am 5'7" and 152 lbs so 1350 plus exercise is still a 500 cal deficit for me but I am sure my TDEE is a bit higher than yours.
  • jaina08
    Options

Yes I agree with him on the cals as well. I am 5'7" and 152 lbs so 1350 plus exercise is still a 500 cal deficit for me but I am sure my TDEE is a bit higher than yours.

Okay I will definitely not eat my calories back then.