Eggs At The Office?

Options
Rage_Phish
Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
Whats the best way to make eggs ahead of time that I can take to the office for breakfast? (not hard boiled)

Thanks!

Replies

• hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    do you have a microwave?

I either take whole raw eggs and scramble them in the microwave (need a covered dish for this) or I prepare them ahead of time and warm them up for about 25-45 seconds in the microwave at work.

In the microwave:

crack eggs into container and stir. Microwave for ~30 seconds. stir. repeat this 1-3 more times (depending on the number of eggs and strength of microwave)

edited to add: Personally, I prefer to make them at home beforehand. I'll fry up a number of eggs, divide them up, put them in a microwavable container and voila, I have enough for 2-3 breakfasts!
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've done the method where you crack them in a muffin pan and bake them. You just spray your muffin pan with your choice of non-stick, crack the eggs in, poke each yolk so they don't burst and bake at 350* for 15 mins or until done. We covered them with foil, too.
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I meant to include...I did this oven-method and then put them on a bagel thin in the morning with a slice of cheese for a quick breakfast sandwich!
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to take raw eggs to the office. I place hot water in a cup or bowl, crack 1 or 2 eggs, cover with a paper towel, and zap for 30-45 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave. Then I drain off the water and have perfectly poached eggs.
  • mangobed
    mangobed Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :wink: Scramble up a bunch, put in container in fridge. Scoop some on a tortilla w/a slice of cheese and you got a burrito to go.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I think like a frittata or fluffy crisp omelette might be good. In a bread. With cheese. Or the frittata you can put stuff in it. or quiche.

(I don't know the proper word for the crispy fluffy thing my mom used to make that was scrambled in a bowl and then poured into oil so hot it would immediately fluff up and crisp. Frittatas are put in the oven for fluffing and crisping but in our case my mom just flipped it over for more fluffing and crisping. It was yum. Different from an omelette with no filling and not flat and moist. So yeah we just called it Huevo and so That would be an easy thing to take to the office. In a tortilla. With bacons. )
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Whats the best way to make eggs ahead of time that I can take to the office for breakfast? (not hard boiled)

Thanks!

soft boiled.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Just make sure the people that have offices anywhere near the microwave don't mind the smell of eggs. I happen to have my desk within a few feet of our office microwave and I will literally stab someone who tries to cook eggs or fish in it. I love eggs and fish but I can't stand the smell of them cooking in the microwave. I make them go to the break room to cook them.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have an egg everyday at the office. I just scramble it in a bowl, add a dash of milk and shove in the microwave for 1 minute, flip it over and do it for another minute. Then shove it on a slice of toast, yummy :smile:
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Breakfast muffins

Preheat oven to 350, Grease muffin cups well.
    Cook veggies of choice and sausage (if you want).
    Combine ¼ cup flour, ½ t baking powder, salt and pepper to taste in one bowl.
    In another bowl combine 5 eggs lightly beaten, 2 cups shredded cheese of choice (I use less), 1 cup of cottage cheese and ¼ cup melted butter.
    Mic the egg mixture with the flour mixture and the veggies and meat.
    Scoop about 1/3 cup of mixture into each muffin cup.
    Cook for 30-35 minutes.
    When Cool freeze. Then take to work and microwave for about 2 minutes.

Pretty much from memory. I make these all the time and have them in the freezer. It makes 14-15 muffins for me ususually
  • Seefylol
    Seefylol Posts: 197
    Options
    I hope your office likes the smell of eggs farts
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Just make sure the people that have offices anywhere near the microwave don't mind the smell of eggs. I happen to have my desk within a few feet of our office microwave and I will literally stab someone who tries to cook eggs or fish in it. I love eggs and fish but I can't stand the smell of them cooking in the microwave. I make them go to the break room to cook them.

Every. Morning. And I sit right next to the kitchen.
    Egg beaters are even worse.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This sounds good will have to give it a try, thanks
    Breakfast muffins

Preheat oven to 350, Grease muffin cups well.
    Cook veggies of choice and sausage (if you want).
    Combine ¼ cup flour, ½ t baking powder, salt and pepper to taste in one bowl.
    In another bowl combine 5 eggs lightly beaten, 2 cups shredded cheese of choice (I use less), 1 cup of cottage cheese and ¼ cup melted butter.
    Mic the egg mixture with the flour mixture and the veggies and meat.
    Scoop about 1/3 cup of mixture into each muffin cup.
    Cook for 30-35 minutes.
    When Cool freeze. Then take to work and microwave for about 2 minutes.

Pretty much from memory. I make these all the time and have them in the freezer. It makes 14-15 muffins for me ususually