it's 111 degrees, what do you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks mama.......................awesome about your non smoking too. Been 14 years for me. Yay!!!!!!!!
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fruit cup, 100 calorie chips and a sandwich
    Green Salad topped with tuna salad
    Cold Cereal
    Fruit w/cheese & crackers
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    you could make a tuna or chicken pasta salad in the morning before it gets too hot and then refriderate it and serve it with melon or grapes , you could also make a marinara sauce over pasta, we barbque alot in the summer you can even put your vegetables on the grill with the meat, we grill the meat, potatoes, squash , bell pepper, corn on the cob, mushrooms all at the same time YUM
  • Leekc926
    Options
    Cold Cucumber Soup

10oz Plain Yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
    5 medium cucumbers seeded and sliced
    1T Fresh Mint
    1T Fresh Dill
    1T Fresh Chives
    1T Honey
    Juice from 1/2 Lemon.
    Put in blender and blend until smooth. (Add yogurt first then cucumbers to start the blending process easier)

Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    you could make a tuna or chicken pasta salad in the morning before it gets too hot and then refriderate it and serve it with melon or grapes , you could also make a marinara sauce over pasta, we barbque alot in the summer you can even put your vegetables on the grill with the meat, we grill the meat, potatoes, squash , bell pepper, corn on the cob, mushrooms all at the same time YUM
    That a.m cooking in the Summer is a lifesaver isn't it though? I cook up hard boiled at 5am, while I have brown rice cooking on the other burner and chicken baking in the oven :laugh: :laugh:

Hey whatever works to keep the place cooler later, plus it does feel good to have everything done and in the fridge and easy to pull out for packing lunches and quick heat up dinners!:drinker:

you'll are sharing some terrific ideas, I can only imagine the soup ideas flowing in the cold of Winter :ohwell: :wink: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: