Workout Music??

Options
I have to have my music on while I work out!! What songs get you motivated and moving?

Replies

• jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I just set the iPod to random but I keep any slow songs outta the mix! I listen to almost strictly country so anything upbeat and happy keeps me going!
  • mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like mostly rock songs.....
  • asyluma
    asyluma Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love a wide variety of music. I can listen to anything from classical to r&b to techno. Techno does have the best beats for fast paced workouts while mellower music is good for milder workouts such as walking etc. If you are one who likes to change up the beats, I would recommend the website playlist.com You can search for favorites and make one list of things that you feel might help you get into the groove. = )
  • shannonmks
    Options
    one hot mama by trace atkins
  • igot3
    igot3 Posts: 8
    Options
    I like R&B mostly.... Black Eyed Peas have been my workout buddies and Kanye West's song Stronger. I need more songs to add to my list for when I go running, any suggestions?
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Anything that sounds like TECHNO! The fast beat just keeps me up and moving! My little puppy chewed up my headphones, so I am musicless! AH! :)
  • igot3
    Options
    Oh no hellokatee, you better hit the dollar store for a new set lol... they sell evrything there hehe
  • kwootan
    kwootan Posts: 1
    Options
    Check out the group, Temper Trap. They have some good running music. I like some of OneRepublic's songs too (esp. Marching On). Good luck!
  • solrak1969
    solrak1969 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The Roots: "Adrenaline", and "The Next Movement" get me going.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm doing c25k so need music with a good beat to run to. my playlist is very heavy on muse, both old and new stuff - it all works! particular highlights that really give an extra little lift are queens 'don't stop me now' and 'i want to break free' and the choirboys (classic Aussie rock!) 'run to paradise'.

I read somewhere that music with a loud, fast beat helps you run faster because your brain interprets it as a racing heartbeat and assumes youre being chased.

Works for me!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    any thing with a good beat make me want to work harder dose not matter what generation just as it has a good tempo
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Anything that sounds like TECHNO! The fast beat just keeps me up and moving! My little puppy chewed up my headphones, so I am musicless! AH! :)

Not quite techno but similar, after taking my son's ipod to the gym when mine was flat, I discovered psy and trance stuff is really good. Sometimes on a elliptical or whatever I'll realise I've had my eyes shut in my own world for almost the whole workout.
  • igot3
    Options
    " I'll realise I've had my eyes shut in my own world for almost the whole workout. "

I do that too!!! Having my eyes closed also eases the muscle burn, as soon as I open them ouch! Weird I know lol
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    lady gaga, jay-z, and eminem's new recovery album!
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    I usually set a radio station on my iphone to whatever genre I'm in the mood for. Today it was 90s rock