frustrated :(

Options
I'm not looking to lose a lot of weight, I'd just like to be back under 130 for once in almost 7 years. I know I've only been doing this for 8 days, but it's hard to be motivated when I haven't lost a SINGLE pound. According to the mean wii fit, I've actually gained weight. How awesome is that.

Replies

• purplespeckle
    Options
    I know it can be discouraging. I've not lost anything in a while too. What keeps me motivated is looking at all of these success stories on MFP. It has really helped me a lot. I've also taken measurements. Maybe you should try that too. That way you can see if you are losing anything aside from just the #'s on the scale. Good luck and don't be discouraged!
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I gained my first week too.
    I have failed many times because I quit when I saw I was gaining.
    I decided I need to see this through longer than a week while my body adjusted.
    I am starting to lose and with working out I am also feeling more toned.
    Don't give up, it will pay off soon:)
  • angie0184
    angie0184 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, I'm gonna take my measurements like you said and see if there's any difference there over the next few weeks. i was close to throwing in the towel again tonight but I guess i should look at like, even if I don't lose anything for a while numbers wise, it can't possibly hurt me to get more active. the words of encouragement really help tho :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you're not looking to lose a lot (like, 15 or less), it's going to take a lot of time and STRICT effort to get rid of it 'cause you're probably already in a healthy weight category. Just keep truckin', it'll come but very slowly so don't get discouraged. It's just how our bodies operate!

And yes - eating healthier and exercising is GREAT for your heart...so all weight issues aside, just think of how much less you're putting yourself at risk for heart disease and stroke...diabetes... etc.! You're still doing your body a service.