Exercise Calories..

Options
So MFP is telling me that my calories for the day should be 1630 but I have also been doing 30 Day Shred and I earned 346 extra calories, so my calories for the day so far can be 1976 with exercises calories added in. But I have been starrrrving lately. I feel like I have been working my booty off. I am trying to up my protein today so I don’t over eat when I get home from work. Last night I was so hungry I ate 6 slices of pizza, and then I went for a walk because I felt guilty.. Do you eat your exercise calories back or do you try to stay at the calories you are given as an allowance before you include exercise cals?

Replies

• corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Yep, chow those exercise calories and try not to chow them too terribly long after you work out :)
  • derektingle
    Options
    You need to set a NET calorie goal and try to stick with that. If your calorie goal is 1600 and you burn 350 then you can eat an extra 350 calories. You need to make sure that you are giving your body the fuel it needs to function. Another helpful hint is to try eating smaller portions more frequently through the day. I try to eat something every 3-4 hours. I'll have a small healthy breakfast around 7 then eat a moderate lunch around 11, another small healthy snack around 3 and then a moderate dinner around 7. Eating more frequently will kick your metabolism into overdrive. I also try not to eat after 9pm. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yep I do and will continue to eat them... I create deficits through my diet for weight loss and I eat my exercise calories to fuel my workouts... The 2 are totally separate issues in my mind.... Best of Luck...
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    MFP calculates your needed calories just for everyday life, not including exercise. So you would lose weight without doing any exercise. When you do exercise, you need to eat more to fuel that activity.