My husband wants to do Medifast

Options
13»

Replies

• bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on whether or not you're going to learn to eat healthily once you loose the weight and integrate back to a regular diet. I've seen my dad do dozens upon dozens of those types of diets, including Medifast, and he always regains the weight rather quickly, but I work with a girl who did Medifast and lost the weight and kept it off because she is continuing to make healthy meal choices. If he's never done a diet like that before and is having trouble loosing weight 'the old fashioned way' then I'd say go ahead and try it, but if he's done it before and failed, don't waste your money.
  • SusanB148
    SusanB148 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of those sort of programs. Your husband would be better off just trying to eat more healthy, organic foods.

Here are a few links about Medifast you and your husband might want to look over:

Dangers of the Medifast Diet Plan

http://www.healthguideinfo.com/dieting-tips/p101519

http://achievetruebalance.com/dangers-of-a-medifast-program/
  • lcransaw
    lcransaw Posts: 95
    Options
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

I looked into the Medifast program when my doctor told me that I was pre-diabetic, and I needed to lose weight. First, it is expensive beyond belief. Secondly, it is very hard to maintain. The program in my area required weekly weigh ins during business hours, meaning I would have to take time off work, and consume "diet" meals and shakes that were outrageously priced. After doing my research, I found that the program did not promote teaching the participants about healthy meal choices, it just told them what to eat, and how much based on the prepared meals. You will lose the weight, because the small portions and shakes are very low in calories, but the key is you can not maintain this forever. You will go back to your normal eating, and the weight will come back. Please, eat healthy natural foods and exercise. It is cheaper, and the results last longer! Good Luck!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Such a waste of money in my opinion. I have had many friends do it and they ALL gained the weight plus some back after they stopped.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I actually had a friend that was doing medifast and went into starvation mode and gained some weight because she was not consuming enough calories. Now she has all kinds of digestive problems as well. I wouldn't do it. Diet and exercise are the key!