Hello

Options
Hi everyone,

I am just starting to get rid of the last of my baby weight, I think I have between 25-30 lbs to lose, I just cannot wait to see when it's gone! My husband just left on a deployment to Okinawa 2 weeks ago, so I have 6 1/2 months to reach my goal, although I hope to obtain it much sooner. I would love to hear great tips on exercises or foods that have helped any of you lose weight. I walk, have an eliptical machine, pull up bar, jump rope, resistance bands, workout dvds, and a punching bag, so I have a little gym in my house, since I do not have time to get to a gym or the money to pay for the daycare! Thanks to all who read my posts.

Brittany

Replies

• kitt7769
    kitt7769 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello! It sounds like you are pretty well set with your exercise equipment. Lots of variety. That's key for me, changing my diet and exercise up when possible so I don't get in a rut or get bored. I have a set number of calories I eat a day and that allows me a little flexibility. I do try to get in the number of servings of veggies and fruits I should have each day.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Lots of support and encouragement to give.
  • NYJetsFan
    NYJetsFan Posts: 108
    Options
    Don't forget to snack! Maybe some cheese or fruit or something that will tide you over so you don't reach for those Oreos before dinner rolls around.

Always be prepared. When I have a plan as to what I want to eat, I do better. When I come home after work and I don't have a game plan, I opt for something easy and microwavable. That usually means a ton of sodium that I don't need.
  • sueldav
    sueldav Posts: 2
    Options
    My husband was stationed there twice (Okinawa Japan). Ours was an accompanied tour though. We got to all be there a total of 6 years. Brings back lots of memories.
    I like to bake now and then have found a couple of recipes lowfat low calorie desserts that taste great. Helps me not to get off into the no-no stuff. I'd love to share, if you'd like.
    Also one thing that has helped especially when I go out to eat. Check out the menu before you go so you'll know what fits your calorie goal. That way you know what you can eat and not feel overwhelmed by trying to figure it out.
    I found if I focus on what I can have, instead of what I can't have, my attitude is much better.
  • brittl87
    Options
    Thank you for all of the tips I really appreciate it! I have kept up the past 3 days and continued working out, I have been just under my calories everyday but a little over my fat content so I need to keep any eye on what I am eating! I am going to a Marriage conference tonight here in Hawaii, so I am looking forward to being able to encourage my husband as well as myself. He is very discouraged right now because he has been working out 3 times a day for 2 weeks and has gained 12 lbs! I told him it could possibly be partly muscle and he could be eating too much as well, but not sure since I am not there with him! Thanks for replying to my beginning forum, I really look forward to building some good motivators here!!