Another makeup thread

Options
bonitacash08
bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
So I admittedly participated in the "Rate the person above you" thread and some others like it.. What's funny is that the photo I had with makeup was rated higher than the one without..

Hmm..

There are a few things that could have possibly skewed the results, though:
1. I was smiling more in the makeup photo
2. Someone different rated it each time

But the things that remain the same are my hair and uhh hello: MY FACE

I'm not a makeup girl. My other profile picture was taken last month before my college graduation. One of my girlfriends is a makeup artist and she did a beautiful job, but that's just not an every day look for me. It was the most makeup I'd ever had on in my life. I'm more of chapstick and go type of girl

Ladies, do you feel more comfortable with makeup or without it?

**Edited to add: the makeup photo got a 9 and my current one got a 7

Replies

• fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I defo feel better with make-up on! Eyeliner makes my tired eyes look attentive at the very least lol. And chapstick helps define my mouth so it doesn't blend into my face since I have super-dry lips!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I realize I am a guy so maybe I am missing something here but I thought the whole point of make up was to make you look better so why would it be a surprise for that photo to be rated higher? Does make up serve some other purpose that I am just not aware of?
  • hdean1989
    hdean1989 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    make up actually helps to keep my skin from breaking out I dont wear a ton maybe just a base and eyeliner but I do like to wear makeup. this is a recent thing I used to wear it rarely if at all
  • fShaw86
    Options
    ^haha truespeak!

lol I back what soldier4242 said! I mean, if you're wearing it right, you'll look so much better... But if you're gonna go Nicki Minaj style... lol.
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel more comfortable with makeup on. I feel, that makeup enhances your features :)
  • droppinlbslikeangels
    Options
    I usually just go with some liquid eyeliner and mascara and I'm set! In my pic, though, I'm wearing none.

However, put on red lipstick and I feel like I can take over the entire western hemisphere. :bigsmile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I realize I am a guy so maybe I am missing something here but I thought the whole point of make up was to make you look better so why would it be a surprise for that photo to be rated higher? Does make up serve some other purpose that I am just not aware of?

QFT

Also not really into makeup. Lip gloss and a little eye shadow at most only when going out.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I LOVE makeup. I mostly wear it because I think it's fun. I don't mind being without makeup, but when I have it on, I just feel a little bit more fabulous.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Just break up............wait, what?
  • alisha_1983
    alisha_1983 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Very few people have ever seen me without makeup...that's just the way it is! When done correctly, it enhances ur beauty!

So... I agree with this guy!

• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I dislike not wearing make up. I think it enhances my face, adds self-confidence, and cleans things up a bit. Otherwise I have a ton of red blotches/zits/scars that show and they really make my skin look bad. It's not extreme but things blend better with good foundation. I also really enjoy applying it.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yikes. I hate being rated. Well... I'm sure people rate you, but I don't want to know what they'd rate me :)
  • fShaw86
    Options
    They'd rate you pretty :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm really pale and I have dark circles under my eyes all the time, whether I'm rested or not. They're just hereditary. So when I go out without makeup people often ask if I'm sick. Or tired. Or sick and tired.

So yeah, I'm pro makeup.
  • minivegrunner
    Options
    mascara, eyelash curler, and lip stain. my three essentials. I'll wear a little more for a night out
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty uneven skin tone so I feel a lot better when I have some tinted moisturizer on & some mascara
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I can take it or leave it. I don't usually wear much makeup and when I do I don't wear foundation. Sometimes I'll wear it for fun, I have wedding to go to and I'll probably do a fun gold tone eye and nude pink lip. If I hang out with my friend J I'll probably go for some nice dark eye liner or bold purple shadow and sort out lips based on my mood. If I do makeup for work it's usually gold liner and some lip gloss. Either way, I like my face enough to feel okay with or without it. At least without it I can touch my face or rub my eyes without worry.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup if I'm going to work or out and about. I don't wear it if I'm just hanging at home. I feel more comfortable with makeup on and I really like makeup. I don't know why but I have quite a little collection. I think blush is my favorite.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I don't like make up. I feel like I am putting on flesh colored clown make up. We will have plenty of time to cover up our skin when we are old.
  • KxCoyote
    KxCoyote Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have VERY oily skin, skin that also happens to be hyper sensitive. :I So no, I'm FAR more comfortable without makeup.
    When I do wear anything, I'm always paranoid whether or not it's caked up or disappeared altogether.