Protein Powder

Options
Has anyone tried any non-flavored bulk protein powder? What would you recommend mixing with it?

Replies

• JRChadwick
    JRChadwick Posts: 52
    Options
    Unflavored is hard to find. I choke down a glass of Trader Joe's Chocolate Whey protein mixed with water right before I head to the gym. It's not too bad. The vanilla whey protein from Whole Foods is absolutely vile! Stay away from it!

It's also a good idea to mix a little soy protein. I get that from the bulk section of the local natural foods co-op. I'll add a heaping table spoon of that to a low fat whole grain waffle recipe I made.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried any non-flavored bulk protein powder? What would you recommend mixing with it?
    Yes, I tried some a while back. You mix it in pretty much any smoothie or any batter (pancakes or whatever) or soups or whatever. It can go in darn near anything but mix a small amount first to figure out how much you can add before it changes the consistency or dilutes out the taste too much. Be aware that it has no added flavor, which is different than saying it has no flavor at all. Mix a small amount with water and taste it before you add to other stuff. I tend to drink vanilla whey with water more than anything else lately. Easy to find and not too bad.
  • jennifershirsch
    jennifershirsch Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I was wondering because I work at a grocery store that sells bulk whey and soy protein powders that don't have any flavor added.