What does your healthy breakfast look like?

Options

Replies

• saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Usually either Weetabix with almond milk, banana and seeds; or wholemeal toast with peanut butter and seeds.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to make a banana and raspberry smoothie; for Friday, I want to find a recipe for vegan protein pancakes, and Saturday is lazy full breakfast - Linda McCartney sausages, grilled tomatoes, flat mushrooms, spinach and toast, with lots of tea/coffee. :)
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I know it is really none of my business but some of you are depressing me with your tiny breakfasts. What ever makes you happy but I would be a very sad and depressed person if I had to eat some of the breakfasts you all eat. Even on days that I have eaten only 1200 or so calories, my breakfast was still around 500 calories. If I have a really hard workout that AM I have had up to 800 calories for breakfast.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    At the moment it's just corn flakes with semi-skimmed milk. Sometimes add half a peach.
    In general it varies from the above, Weetabix with blueberries w/S-s milk, Alpen Original (No added sugar) with milk or 2 soft boiled eggs with 2 slices of white bread.
    I'm not that adventurous.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I know it is really none of my business but some of you are depressing me with your tiny breakfasts. What ever makes you happy but I would be a very sad and depressed person if I had to eat some of the breakfasts you all eat. Even on days that I have eaten only 1200 or so calories, my breakfast was still around 500 calories. If I have a really hard workout that AM I have had up to 800 calories for breakfast.

the three pancakes i ate this morning were delicious and came in at around 480 calories (for all three). can't wait to have them tomorrow.
  • mjhmjhmjh
    mjhmjhmjh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I get the train to work at 5.40 am. so i have yogurt, nuts and fresh fruit on the train!
  • FreddyObrian
    FreddyObrian Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This has been my breakfast everyday for the past month 8)

1.5 Cup (120g) Oatmeal
    10g Cocoa Powder Unsweetened Natural
    2 Scoops of Bodytech Pro Chocolate Protein Powder
    6 Tbsp of PB2 Powder Peanut Butter

Add water (I don't like to add too much, I don't like soupy oatmeal) / microwave

And you get Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Oatmeal 8-) 845 Cal - 17g (F), 80g (P), 108g (C)

So delicious :P
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Q - Why are people not using the whole egg? Or even mixing a whole egg with whites? The yolks are so incredibly good for you!

Egg yolks are high in calories and cholesterol. For people watching these, egg whites are the way to go. I balance it out by eating 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg. Best of both worlds.

This. I like the idea of adding 1 whole egg with egg whites (I really don't care for just egg whites).

I'm getting TONS of ideas...THANKS EVERYONE!!
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Mix one whole egg with half a cup of oats and water. Add half a banana sliced. Nuke in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Stir and smoosh in the now nuked banana. Enjoy!

This breakfast keeps me full for 4-6 hours, which is unusual for me.

Sounds great! How much water?

Today I had Skippy Natural peanut butter mixed into Oikos nonfat vanilla greek yogurt, a banana, and a Chocolate Fudge protein shake. 422 yummy calories!

Yesterday PB&J for 305 cals.

I just eyeball the amount of water. It is a trial and error kind of thing :)
  • TinaRoberts67
    TinaRoberts67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mushroom-Cheddar Scramble w/ Toast
    1.25 oz mushrooms
    1/2 onion(s) - medium
    1 cup(s) egg substitute
    1 oz cheese - Cheddar (low fat, shredded/grated)
    1 slice(s) bread - whole wheat
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    ground turkey w/ scrambled eggs, chicken, chilli, with salsa.

eat whatever you want for breakfast just meet your macros.
  • noexcusescece
    Options
    I eat salmon and vegetables every morning for breakfast.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with 2/3 cup of egg whites mixed in and either water or unsweetened vanilla almond milk, topped with 1/3 cup fresh blueberries and 3 strawberries. YUM :love:
  • carolbrady1
    carolbrady1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That sounds lovely! I have strawberries and blueberries on Alpen no sugar added muesli with Alpro milk, and a sprinkling of granola and mixed seeds - with a dribble of half fat evaporated milk for sheer naughtiness!
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Scrambled Eggs (2) on toast and a mug of coffee. End of.
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My healthy breakfast is closer to lunchtime. I usually have 4 eggs and ounce of cheese with some salsa and jalapenos. Finish it off with a side of bacon. Scramble is roughly 400 calories and the total depends how many slices of bacon I eat. Sometimes I'll have an iced coffee with heavy cream earlier in the day.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    My choices (not sure how healthy but low cal):

option1:
    - egg substitute (or 1 egg)
    - 1 slice of bacon
    - coffee with half and half/splenda

option 2:
    - 1/2 c. chorizo and egg

option3:
    - 1 banana

option4:
    - YoCrunch yogurt fruit parfait
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    m227601338.jpg

Pancakes are made with 1 banana, 2 egg whites, oatmeal. Greek yogurt in between. Drizzle of maple. Topped with sliced bananas.
  • ericthirdrow
    ericthirdrow Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been doing yogurt plus a fiber one bar for most breakfasts.

Sometimes I'll do some oatmeal, or add fruit.

I really think I would be better off adding more breakfast calories though.
  • booluviemomma
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup dry oatmeal, 1/2 cup blueberries, drizzle of honey, coffee with half and half (my vice! I swear I'd give up most everything before the cream in my coffee!)
  • KathryneJY
    KathryneJY Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    One soft boiled egg, 2-4 different kinds of fruit with at least half being berries. 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt. I do this every day.